5 replies to this topic

#1 NeroEv

NeroEv

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:54 AM

Hi all,

I have 2 questions about rules i found playing FoD:

1) Devilish Power could be used to cancel a Good Fortune played against a Dracula Event Card? A new Good Luck could be played again to cancel Devilish Power? Or the nullify effect cannot blocked anc I must play only DP or GL against one Event Card?

2) If a combat involving a minion end with a 'End' or a triple continue result, could Dracula play Relentless Minion again the hunter? And if I have two RM, I can play again if conditions are satisfacted again after the new combat?

3) There was some effects that are applyed when a hunter flee from the combat. The triple continue result, is a flee? A double dodge or a figth agains a weapon ending wit a End result, are considered how 'flee' result and for who?

Bye

A.

#2 Wanderer999

Wanderer999

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:54 AM

NeroEv said:

Hi all,

I have 2 questions about rules i found playing FoD:

1) Devilish Power could be used to cancel a Good Fortune played against a Dracula Event Card? A new Good Luck could be played again to cancel Devilish Power? Or the nullify effect cannot blocked anc I must play only DP or GL against one Event Card?

2) If a combat involving a minion end with a 'End' or a triple continue result, could Dracula play Relentless Minion again the hunter? And if I have two RM, I can play again if conditions are satisfacted again after the new combat?

3) There was some effects that are applyed when a hunter flee from the combat. The triple continue result, is a flee? A double dodge or a figth agains a weapon ending wit a End result, are considered how 'flee' result and for who?

Bye

A.

1) Yes, it's the best part of the game! When both sides are throwing forth cards to counter, counter-counter and counter-counter-counter each other until one side no longer has any cards left to do so

2) Yes the idea is for a feeling of being overwhelmed constantly by the minions of Dracula.

3) The ONLY flee result occurs from Escape cards. Nothing else.

#3 NeroEv

NeroEv

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:42 AM

Thanks for your reply, but I still have a doubt.

Rules states at page 18, about the End of Combat, that one of the «combatants is considred to have escaped» either on  an End or on a triple Continue result.

Then I ask myself: if a fight end with a triple continue may I play Relentless Minion? And again: The battle against Dracula could be avoided or not?

Becose I'm a Dracula player, my preference is to answer yes to these two questions, but I'm right or wrong whith rules interpretation?

Bye

A.

#4 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:50 PM

NeroEv said:

Thanks for your reply, but I still have a doubt.

Rules states at page 18, about the End of Combat, that one of the «combatants is considred to have escaped» either on  an End or on a triple Continue result.

Then I ask myself: if a fight end with a triple continue may I play Relentless Minion? And again: The battle against Dracula could be avoided or not?

Becose I'm a Dracula player, my preference is to answer yes to these two questions, but I'm right or wrong whith rules interpretation?

Bye

A.

Hi NeroEv,

I'd say you cannot play Relentless Minion (I do not have the game wth me right now, so I can't check, sorry): if I remember correctly the card, it's stated that Relentless Minion should be played after a minion is defeated. In the case you pointed out, the combat ended without the minion being defeated, so you may not summon a new minion and attack the same player.

As far as your other question is concerned, unfortunately Hunters can fight Dracula even if encountering an Agent didn't produce a "kill" result. The "triple continue" or "flee" results do not make a Hunter Action Phase to be ended, and so.. hard times for Dracula (I'm a Dracula player too, and I use very rarely Minions and similar stuff. Not so good as they might seem, at least in my opinion)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#5 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 01:23 AM

Julia said:

I'd say you cannot play Relentless Minion (I do not have the game wth me right now, so I can't check, sorry): if I remember correctly the card, it's stated that Relentless Minion should be played after a minion is defeated. In the case you pointed out, the combat ended without the minion being defeated, so you may not summon a new minion and attack the same player.

Hi,
I checked the card (sorry, but during the last month I wasn't able to check cards, nor write on the forum), I was wrong. You can play Relentless Minion after the minion is defeated or the combat end (three "continue" results in a row or an "end" result). My apologies.

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#6 Rasiel

Rasiel

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:59 PM

However,
if the Hunter is defeated or flees from combat
with the Agent (the combat finishes with
an End result), his turn is over and he cannot
face Dracula that turn.

So, hunters turn is over if he flees from combat.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS