Battlelore is great but...

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Johnny Awesome

Johnny Awesome

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:03 AM

... I can never find anyone to play it with, so I'm going to have to sell my near mint collection.

If anyone is interested I have every DoW Battlelore product in fantastic condition. I own two copies of the base game, the epic board, and every DoW expansion, including 2 of each limited edition figure. Most of the expansions are still in the original shrink wrapping.

Just email me at johnbenn@gmail.com with your best offer.

#2 facepalm

facepalm

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:23 AM

Hey I might be interested, how much are you asking for it?

#3 Maimed

Maimed

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:21 AM

Johnny Awesome said:

... I can never find anyone to play it with, so I'm going to have to sell my near mint collection.

If anyone is interested I have every DoW Battlelore product in fantastic condition. I own two copies of the base game, the epic board, and every DoW expansion, including 2 of each limited edition figure. Most of the expansions are still in the original shrink wrapping.

Just email me at johnbenn@gmail.com with your best offer.

I understand you mate. it totaly sucks to have painted BL minis ( I also have all the BL game ) and not have more than a few games a years... sucks big time.

Now that DOW has M44 they are doing a beta testing for M44... what is with DO FFg do about BL? 

can you at least talk to DOW and join in the developent and get BL - Online up and working?

damn

#4 Johnny Awesome

Johnny Awesome

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:43 AM

I'm still looking to sell my stuff as a set.

I have everything DoW ever put out for the game.

email me at johnbenn@gmail.com if interested.

#5 Johnny Awesome

Johnny Awesome

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:42 AM

I'm still looking to sell all of my mint condition Battlelore stuff.

email me at johnbenn@gmail.com if interested.

#6 Caboose

Caboose

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:58 AM

Sorry to hear you are selling your BL set but I can feel your pain.   Pretty hard to support a product w/o any real support.  

And I checked the various "moderators" for this BL board and some have yet to even post ONE post (I don't think ANY have, personally) in either this forum or others.    Just click the various names at the top of the forum list and you'll see what I mean.   Pretty sad for FFG to put people as moderators when they don't even bother to post or do much of anything.

Cab

#7 TheKingOfBlades

TheKingOfBlades

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:49 AM

To test the moderators maybe we should start a very hostile and offensive thread and see if the step in and close it down or respond to tell us to cut it out haha

#8 grubman

grubman

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:37 AM

Caboose said:

Pretty hard to support a product w/o any real support. 

You mean...you know...besides playing the game with freinds? 

Caboose said:

And I checked the various "moderators" for this BL board and some have yet to even post ONE post (I don't think ANY have, personally) in either this forum or others.    Just click the various names at the top of the forum list and you'll see what I mean.   Pretty sad for FFG to put people as moderators when they don't even bother to post or do much of anything.

Go back and read all those "I agree" things you clicked on when you joined the forum.  FF is very upfront that the forums are provided for the community only, and that they will have little to no presence here.  I'm suprised people complain about this so much when they had been told.

#9 Caboose

Caboose

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:42 AM

But real hard to support a product w/o any official person of an FFG nature to pop in from time to time.  

But then of course, Westeros is getting another new product - and still nothing new for us.    And they have a FFG person there popping in from time to time.  So guess where FFG REAL loyality lie??

#10 Thuddeus

Thuddeus

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:44 PM

I don't understand all the complaining about lack of support from FFG. Didn't they just release Code of Chivalry? Haven't they also released Dragons, Creatures, and Heroes since they picked the game up? Didn't they just release the repurposed French sets of everything that DOW ever made? What more do players want? Seems like trying to please some on this forum is impossible.

#11 kilrah

kilrah

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:18 PM

What we'd really want is a vision about the future. So far there really is only one product that FFG released that is relevant IMO, and that was the heroes expansion (which was already more or less done when they bought the system). Sure everything we got since then is nice and I won't deny that we got a lot, but what most of us would like to see is a vision. Will the game die? Will it just be patched again and again - milked as long as possible? Or will we see truely new things. New races, ... And that is something we don't hear anything about. for YEARS.

#12 Thuddeus

Thuddeus

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:35 PM

New races would be excellent. Elves, especially, are missing from the standard race mix. And something with a dark theme would be quite welcome, too.

#13 Trump

Trump

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:45 PM

Johnny Awesome said:

I hear you!  I'm in the same boat as my two-player gaming is virtually non-existant.  I can't bring myself to sell my base set but I just bundled up all of the expansions and put them up for sale on Boardgamegeek.  I'd like to keep them, but the simple truth is that I won't be playing this game often enough to need that level of variety.

#14 midloo

midloo

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:58 AM

I guess as a brand new player to Battlelore, I'm pretty excited about all that's out there already to play around with.  Fantasy Flights seems to have been pretty good stewards of the game since they picked it up.  I mean... what was the alternative?  DoW keeps it and does nothing with it?  I'm grateful they repurposed some core sets and got them over here as well.  It was annoying seeing all the sellers on ebay trying to get $200 for their core set. 

I'm in a wargaming group that is focused on 2 player games: Warhammer Fantasy, Lord of the Rings, etc...  Battlelore will hopefully find a good amount of play with that gang. 

#15 toddrew

toddrew

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:17 AM

midloo said:

I guess as a brand new player to Battlelore, I'm pretty excited about all that's out there already to play around with.  Fantasy Flights seems to have been pretty good stewards of the game since they picked it up.  I mean... what was the alternative?  DoW keeps it and...

...gives it roughly the same treatment they continue to provide for Memoir '44.  That would've been okay by me.  I was (am still, to a degree) looking forward to the completion of the Human, Dwarf, and Goblin armies with dedicated Call to Arms decks, followed by expansion through additional races - preferably in a big-box fashion as opposed to piecemeal, but I'll take what I can get :)  I was also pretty excited about the online version that was presumably going to appear when the M'44 version did.

I am grateful for what FFG has managed to put forth to date, but still looking at things as half full.

#16 midloo

midloo

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:22 AM

I guess being a late comer, I don't know too much of the history.  I really hope FFG keeps the ball rolling.  Sounds like folks who have played a long time hope for a new race and some sort of campaign generator.  That would be fun. 

#17 Maimed

Maimed

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:04 PM

Caboose said:

Sorry to hear you are selling your BL set but I can feel your pain.   Pretty hard to support a product w/o any real support.  

Cab

If I can not play a game... I either burn them or take a hammer to them

#18 Interceptor

Interceptor

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:00 PM

Maimed...are you by chance confusing games with vampires?

#19 Taeblewalker

Taeblewalker

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:19 AM

A friend of mine briefly talked to Richard Borg at a Con in Pennsylvania, and Borg told him that there was definitely more coming out for BattleLore.  Beyond that, he didn't get any info, but that's encouraging.

#20 Interceptor

Interceptor

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:01 AM

Taeblewalker,

That's great news.  I feel the game is nice and well rounded now with its goblin, dwarf, and human armies.  I'm guessing the next step would be to release a new race.  C'mon undead!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS