New Heroes Heed the Call >> A look at several new careers in Signs of Faith

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ynnen

ynnen

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:37 AM

The upcoming Signs of Faith supplement for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay is full of a lot of great content for players and GMs alike – new rules for divine characters, details on religion in the Empire, insights into Nurgle’s foul schemes, and rules for deadly diseases. Among the new content is a host of new careers to add even more diversity and options to your game.

This designer diary takes a closer look at three of the new careers, which all feature stunning paintover art by Mike Nash. Signs of Faith introduces a wide variety of different careers, including some careers with novel skill or ability combinations representing their unique roles within the setting.

#2 Sunatet

Sunatet

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:09 AM

Some really nice professions are coming .

And the Nugle of course... did I mentioned his my fovored chaos god?

Definitely waiting for this addon to see the light

#3 dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:07 AM

I'm liking the flexibility that some of the new careers are allowing.  Of course, being able to use 2 insanities, for extra damage no less, is so full of WIN too.  Makes me want to play one...

#4 ozean

ozean

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:17 AM

The new careers are definitely one of the most exiting part of the expansions – I am pretty sure that at least one of my players will fall in love with the investigator career =)

#5 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:59 PM

Keep up the great work Ynnen! I must say - so we know now 5 from 10 careers: Priest (Rank 3), Prophet of Doom, Investigator, Mystic, Seer (Mystic advaced career). Looking amazing. Now I'm waiting for another Shifting Shadows preview to know what will be comming next and what are the plans for WFRP and of course a sneakpick about Nurgle.

PS. Ynnen are we going to see The Journey To The Black Fire Pass - demo adventure as a free pdf on the web site? It would be nice to see the adventure and the free new career. Please!

#6 DongMaster

DongMaster

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 10:24 PM

More cards FTW!

Lovely artwork on those new careers, and if the Priest supplement is as good as the Magic one, we are all in for a treat.

#7 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 06:50 PM

DongMaster said:

More cards FTW!

Lovely artwork on those new careers, and if the Priest supplement is as good as the Magic one, we are all in for a treat.

Yes, I think it will be as good as Winds Of Magic. Oh and by the way - the covers are looking great! The box one and the ones from those new books.

#8 dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:20 AM

I haven't had a chance to open my copy of SoF yet. I'll review it and post in a day or so.

#9 42!

42!

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:13 AM

Release schedule says Fall for SoF and summer for The Edge of Night - has this changed or were the SoF at GenCon just rare advance copies?

#10 dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:09 AM

SoF was just like the new RPG "Deathwatch", and the RT supplement "Into the Storm".  FFG had a limited number of early printed copies available for purchase during the convention (usually just a few hundred).  General distribution to all the local stores will happen probably in the next month or two once a suitable volume of product have been completed by the printer and received at the FFG warehouse.

Also, as a teaser from memory from the seminar (hmm I don't think I took a picture of it...) An additional career in SoF is the Witch Hunter Captain Advanced career. (Zealot->Witch Hunter->Witch Hunter Captain)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS