Rules Question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Laughmask

Laughmask

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 03:56 PM

I played my first session of grimm the other day, I'd say it went really well seeing as how we were all having a blast. But after we were done and they left, I decided to brush up on the rules in parts where I was a bit fuzzy. And I remembered a situation in which the dreamer of the group, Ron, wanted to aid the bully, Skip, in scrapping with the razor toads (page 144) by using teamwork, then spend his turn running and grabbing a candelabra. 

So the question I have: Can player A use teamwork to help player B scrap during player B's turn, then player A take another action during player A's turn. Or do you spend your turn in a round in order to use teamwork?

#2 RED_RONIN47

RED_RONIN47

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:24 PM

Player A has to use his round to help player B in order to use teamwork.

Basically for that round player A declares he is going to help player B. (player A hands over his D6)

Player B then takes both D6's (his and players A) and declares he is going to scrap. (he does so, then passes the dice back to player A.

Of course that is why if you read pages 49-52, all the players should declare action first. Just in case if you have a group of 4 and players C and D also want to help player B in his roll for scrap.

#3 Laughmask

Laughmask

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:28 PM

Thanks! I figured so, I just let him perform both since he described himself as aiding Skip by throwing rocks and insults trying to distract him while made his way towards the candelabra. 

#4 GameBearOR

GameBearOR

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:03 AM

Myself, I would never have allowed this as a teamork roll. You say that he aided Skip with his Scrap roll by throwing rocks and distracting the toads? My interpretation of the teamwork roll is that all participants are actually doing the same thing. In this example player B is doing a Scrap roll and player A is doing a Throw roll - well, really not even that, since he is simply trying to distract the toads. POssibly he is doing a Cool roll with a +1 bonus for using the rocks. Handing over player A's dice in this case is a bit lenient to me.

What I would have done in this case is let player A go first, and if he was successful in distracting the toads lower their Scrap for the test between them and player B.

#5 Laughmask

Laughmask

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:39 PM

GameBearOR said:

Myself, I would never have allowed this as a teamork roll. You say that he aided Skip with his Scrap roll by throwing rocks and distracting the toads? My interpretation of the teamwork roll is that all participants are actually doing the same thing. In this example player B is doing a Scrap roll and player A is doing a Throw roll - well, really not even that, since he is simply trying to distract the toads. POssibly he is doing a Cool roll with a +1 bonus for using the rocks. Handing over player A's dice in this case is a bit lenient to me.

What I would have done in this case is let player A go first, and if he was successful in distracting the toads lower their Scrap for the test between them and player B.

I like that idea =) It was my first time narrating so I got a good standpoint on what's acceptable and what I know my players can think of. It's nice to be able to have someone tell what's TOO lenient and what would be more appropriate.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS