Enchant Blade spell [The Reaper]

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Gentlegamer

Gentlegamer

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:37 PM

Enchant Blade - Cast at the start of your turn. Place this card on one of your Weapons. This Weapon is now considered a Magic Object and adds an additional 1 to your Strength during battle.

What is the duration for this spell? Does it last for the remainder of the game? May this spell be used on Magic Objects (for example, making the Runesword a +2 Weapon)? If the enchanted object is obtained by another character, does the enchantment remain?

#2 Gawain

Gawain

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 01:10 PM

Yes, yes (as long as it's a weapon) and yes.

#3 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 01:39 PM

The answers are Yes, See future FAQ and Yes.

#4 Gentlegamer

Gentlegamer

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:52 PM

Would a Nullify spell force the player with an enchanted Weapon to discard the spell?

#5 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:11 PM

Gentlegamer said:

Would a Nullify spell force the player with an enchanted Weapon to discard the spell?

No, it only applies to unused Spells held by a character.

#6 8janek8

8janek8

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:58 PM

What about the "Dispersion of the Magic" Spell? Does it any effect here? Sorry for the translation, but I have no specification of the cards in original language. In my version is something like "Dispersion of the Magic" and "Removal" Spells.

#7 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 01:03 AM

8janek8 said:

What about the "Dispersion of the Magic" Spell? Does it any effect here? Sorry for the translation, but I have no specification of the cards in original language. In my version is something like "Dispersion of the Magic" and "Removal" Spells.

The Destroy Magic Spell will prevent the bonus of the enchanted Blade from working for 1 round.

The Nullify Spell does not affect the Enchant Blade Spell.

#8 slbyron

slbyron

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 04:24 PM

Gentlegamer said:

Enchant Blade - Cast at the start of your turn. Place this card on one of your Weapons. This Weapon is now considered a Magic Object and adds an additional 1 to your Strength during battle.

What is the duration for this spell? Does it last for the remainder of the game? May this spell be used on Magic Objects (for example, making the Runesword a +2 Weapon)? If the enchanted object is obtained by another character, does the enchantment remain?

No, because the Runesword is a Magic Object not a weapon. (Look at the card). The card states weapon, not Magic Object.

#9 Gentlegamer

Gentlegamer

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 04:58 PM

slbyron said:

Gentlegamer said:

No, because the Runesword is a Magic Object not a weapon. (Look at the card). The card states weapon, not Magic Object.

The Runesword is a Weapon. "Weapon" is a keyword that may appear on Object and Magic Object cards. The "weapon" keyword governs Objects that may add a bonus in Battle or Psychic Combat and only one Weapon may be used during an attack (unless a Character has an ability to allow, such as the Warrior).

To summarize, the Runesword is a Magic Object with the Weapon keyword. My question was whether a Magic Object Weapon (using Runesword as example) could be the recipient of the Enchant Blade spell. I guess so, but a FAQ entry seems forthcoming on the subject, so perhaps not.

#10 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 04:11 AM

And yet another problem in interpretation of text. It would have been my take that the Runesword was as labelled "Object, Magic" and hence can't be "re-enchanted."  Definitely need an errata on this one. One simple mention on the spell by card type rather than assumed key word would have clarified this.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS