Photo

Membership in the Sheldon Gang has its privileges . . .

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Solan

Solan

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:54 AM

In a recent game my Investigator was lucky enough to find the remains of a Proto-Shoggoth at the Graveyard and then a two toughnes "taxidermist's trick" at the Historical Society.  The third stop was the Woods, where Sadie Sheldon offered me membership. 

My fellow players urged me to save the monster trophies, but it'd been a long time since anyone had even had a chance to join the Sheldon Gang, and I thought it could bring enough advantage to be worth it.  So I seized my chance to join and during the game tried to steal three times.  Once I got nothing and the other two times I got $2.00 each.  In the end that extra $4.00 proved vital to getting a coulple of Investigators back to Arkham and restoring one's sanity .

So has anyone else been particularly helped by joining the Gang?

#2 Tox

Tox

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:12 AM

I haven't played many games so far, only about 10, and I've joined the Gang only once, with Wilson. He tried to steal maybe 3 or 4 times, and once he got a common item. If I recall correctly, it was a map of Arkham, so that gave him something like 7 movement points per turn. He could reach anywhere! That didn't prevent the GOO from waking up though, even if the investigators did beat him in FInal Combat.

#3 Krysmopompas

Krysmopompas

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

Hey, I know this post is about 2 years old…but I have a question. Gang membership first appeared in Dunwich. But can you gain Sheldon Gang Membership any other way (i.e. without using any Encounter cards from the Dunwich set)?

#4 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,241 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

Krysmopompas said:

Hey, I know this post is about 2 years old…but I have a question. Gang membership first appeared in Dunwich. But can you gain Sheldon Gang Membership any other way (i.e. without using any Encounter cards from the Dunwich set)?

The Miskatonic Horror expansion helps fixing this. There is a skill granting you a SGM from the beginning of the game, and some encounters should give you other opportunities to join the gang. Generally speaking, MH tries to solve many of these "hey this card never enters play unless I'm playing the XY expansion" problems. In case you don't have MH, no, there are no encounters (that I'm aware of) coming from other expansions offering you a SGM.

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#5 LordZardoz

LordZardoz

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

On that note, I was somewhat disappointed that the Miskatonic Horror expansion doesn't allow for Cult of the 1000 encounters on the extra boards (Dunwich, Kingsport, and Innsmouth).  I would have thought that Devils Hopyard makes sense for Dunwich.  Esoteric Order of Dagon in Innsmouth almost fits as long as they are open to inter-denominational services.  Less sure about Kinsport (probably 7th House on the Left or 607 Water St).

END COMMUNICATION

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS