Photo

Rogue Trader Release Schedule: Profit and Plunder!

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 PlasmaBomb

PlasmaBomb

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:27 PM

www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp

Presenting a preview of upcoming Rogue Trader titles

www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/rogue-trader/support/profit-and-plunder-web.pdf

Of interest to everyone is -

Battlefleet Koronus
Available Q1 2011

Yes it is the much hinted at and now confirmed extensive sourcebook about the starships that traverse the Koronus Expanse. With new rules on Nova Cannons, torpedoes, attack craft, and squadrons, plus new options for outfitting player ships.

#2 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:47 PM

I wonder how much of the Xenos Compendium will be Copypasta'd from the Creatures Anathema. Hmm...

Anyway, yes, the quicker we get to the Battlefleet book, the better. The crime/smuggling one sounds cool. Wonder if I can make a small Warp-capable smuggling vessle where me and my Kroot companion can be intergalactic heroes. 

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#3 Kerrahn

Kerrahn

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:08 PM

I'm looking forward to the Battlefleet and Xenos Compendium the most, always like to have new Xenos adversaries in games, and Battlefleet is certainly a must.

#4 MILLANDSON

MILLANDSON

Playtester

• Members
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:13 PM

Good to see this

By that, I mean 1) it's good to see the stuff I've already tested announced, and 2) good to see the stuff I'm gonna be getting my hands on over the next 6 months-year to test out

To all GMs: Get "Edge of the Abyss". It'll make running games in Koronus all the easier It's done wonders for my games!

@HBMC: Virtually none, would be my guess (about how much will be copy pasted). All the books are written separately, and the writers I've had the pleasure to work with whilst playtesting pride themselves on not just copying what others have done before. Plus, if they were just going to copy it word for word, what would be the point in making it? By adding different stuff, they get you to buy both books instead of just the one

~Yea, Tho I Walk Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil~

Posts/views/opinions are in no way representative of FFG, and are entirely my own.

#5 Nojo509

Nojo509

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:05 PM

I love seeing the roadmap. Even if a particular product gets delayed, I know what's in store.

#6 RenoDM

RenoDM

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:26 PM

Looks like some good stuff on the horizon.  I'm hoping they stagger Rogue Trader, Dark Heresy, and Deathwatch products out a bit.  No more than one a month or so, otherwise I'm going to fall behind in my reading!

#7 Agmar_Strick

Agmar_Strick

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:50 PM

Edge of the Abyss and the Battlefleet Koronus both sounds incredibly awesome.

The description of Edge of the Abyss makes we wish there was a counterpart for it for DH.

#8 ShatterCake

ShatterCake

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:02 PM

Agmar_Strick said:

The description of Edge of the Abyss makes we wish there was a counterpart for it for DH.

Oh man I hope not. World books to me are just ways of saying "hey you know that totally awesome world you put in your campaign? Now at least one player at the table is gonna complain it isn't  canon."

I'm sure there will be some awesome stuff in book. I just wouldn't want them to cover more than a few worlds. It looks like this is a good mix, maybe 4 or 5 worlds and leave the rest for us to play with.

It's a game about exploration... if you can read about it why explore it!

#9 N0-1_H3r3

N0-1_H3r3

Former Contributing Freelance Writer

• Members
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:31 PM

Agmar_Strick said:

There is. Edge of the Abyss - and I know this from having worked on it - is very much the Disciples of the Dark Gods of the Rogue Trader line. Plots and schemes and locations and adversaries and all manner of fun for GMs. It's somewhat broader in focus than Disciples was, but it serves the same overall purpose.

And you guys will love Battlefleet Koronus. The things in there that we've got in store for you guys...

But that is all I can say; for now, I must put pen to paper and muse on newer things...

Writing Credits for Fantasy Flight Games: Into the Storm, Edge of the Abyss, Battlefleet Koronus, Hostile Acquisitions, Black Crusade Core Rulebook, First Founding, The Jericho Reach, The Soul Reaver, Only War, The Navis Primer,Ark of Lost Souls, and Hammer of the Emperor

I no longer write for, or am employed by, Fantasy Flight Games in any fashion. All of my comments are my own, and do not reflect the opinions of any employer, past, present, or future.

#10 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:41 PM

MILLANDSON said:

@HBMC: Virtually none, would be my guess (about how much will be copy pasted). All the books are written separately, and the writers I've had the pleasure to work with whilst playtesting pride themselves on not just copying what others have done before. Plus, if they were just going to copy it word for word, what would be the point in making it? By adding different stuff, they get you to buy both books instead of just the one

I'm more talking about the rules, not so much the fluff and flavour text. And I understand that it will be different - certainly more geared towards the Koronus Expanse - but for the bits that are similar or the same (Orks/Eldar), what of the rules will be the same, or, what will be different.

That's what interests me the most.

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#11 MKX

MKX

• Members
  • 878 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:50 PM

Thank god, the hard tack and water diet was getting a bit rough...

#12 Kyorou

Kyorou

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:08 PM

*Counting the days till Q1 2011*

#13 Morangias

Morangias

• Members
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:19 PM

In the grim darkness of the far future... Awesomeness awaits!

I'm ecstatic over how the WH40RPG develops. Currently, it's the favorite game for me and my group, and with all the forthcoming coolness, it's going to stay like this for years. Cheers for FFG.

There is no truth in flesh, only betrayal.

There is no strenght in flesh, only weakness.
There is no constancy in flesh, only decay.
There is no certainty in flesh but death.

#14 PlasmaBomb

PlasmaBomb

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:52 AM

Morangias said:

In the grim darkness of the far future...

There be torpedoes!

But yeah, awesomeness!

#15 Lucas Adorn

Lucas Adorn

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:57 AM

H.B.M.C. said:

MILLANDSON said:

I'm more talking about the rules, not so much the fluff and flavour text. And I understand that it will be different - certainly more geared towards the Koronus Expanse - but for the bits that are similar or the same (Orks/Eldar), what of the rules will be the same, or, what will be different.

That's what interests me the most.

BYE

There are many different kinds of Eldar and Ork creatures not yet represented in any book...

I see where this is going. I know that FFG is secretly in league with Ikea and as long as FFG keeps publishing lots of must have books, Ikea will sell more bookshelves...

...and bigger apartments. So its a triumvirate... a conspiracy. But who to tell, who to trust.....gbllbgbll...nonono...giblbglbg....yesno..gbl

-L

#16 Iku Rex

Iku Rex

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:46 AM

N0-1_H3r3 said:

And you guys will love Battlefleet Koronus. The things in there that we've got in store for you guys...

How close to finished is Battlefleet Koronus?

(Is there any point in making suggestions?)

#17 N0-1_H3r3

N0-1_H3r3

Former Contributing Freelance Writer

• Members
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:43 AM

Iku Rex said:

I'm not certain whether or not I'm even allowed to answer that, to be honest.

Writing Credits for Fantasy Flight Games: Into the Storm, Edge of the Abyss, Battlefleet Koronus, Hostile Acquisitions, Black Crusade Core Rulebook, First Founding, The Jericho Reach, The Soul Reaver, Only War, The Navis Primer,Ark of Lost Souls, and Hammer of the Emperor

I no longer write for, or am employed by, Fantasy Flight Games in any fashion. All of my comments are my own, and do not reflect the opinions of any employer, past, present, or future.

#18 MILLANDSON

MILLANDSON

Playtester

• Members
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:15 PM

N0-1_H3r3 said:

Iku Rex said:

I'm not certain whether or not I'm even allowed to answer that, to be honest.

Probably not, to be honest. Best be on the safe side rather than accidentily break the NDA (given I like your writing, and would hate to see you chucked out N0-1 ).

I can say that I've not seen it yet, though I look forward to doing so!

It's only rare though that a company will actually use suggested material though, so whilst I'm sure they don't disapprove of it, the chances of them actually using it are probably slim (unless you end up like N0-1_H3r3 and they give you a freelancing job ).

~Yea, Tho I Walk Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil~

Posts/views/opinions are in no way representative of FFG, and are entirely my own.

#19 Nojo509

Nojo509

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:29 PM

N0-1_H3r3 said:

Agmar_Strick said:

There is. Edge of the Abyss - and I know this from having worked on it - is very much the Disciples of the Dark Gods of the Rogue Trader line. Plots and schemes and locations and adversaries and all manner of fun for GMs. It's somewhat broader in focus than Disciples was, but it serves the same overall purpose.

But that is all I can say; for now, I must put pen to paper and muse on newer things...

Disciples of the Dark Gods is one of my favorite RPG books for any game system. Full of kick-butt hooks and tools for GMs to craft their own adventures. Now I'm really excited.

#20 Insaniac12

Insaniac12

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:34 PM

This has gotta be the best news i've heard for a while

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS