• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 Mack Martin

Mack Martin

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:47 AM

Salutations Acolytes,

I would like to call your attention to the new Knowledge is Power 2010 to 2011 that has now been released for your enjoyment.  Check out the official announcement here!

#2 Nojo509

Nojo509

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:53 AM

Very nice. Could you tell us what ranks the adventure trilogy is for? I'm hoping they are released much closer together than the Haarlock Legacy. 

I imagine the sourcebooks will be good for all levels, including ascended. 

#3 Khouri

Khouri

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:56 AM

Nice, thanks for the update Mack. The upcoming releases look pretty interesting.

One minor quibble though, has the release date for the first part of the Apostasy Gambit (Black Sepulchre) been typo'd? It seems a little strange that the first part is to be made available after the other two.

#4 Graver

Graver

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:58 AM

Rock! It seems a lot of the books that we've been wanting are actually coming. The Blood of Martyrs and Book of Judgment have me rather excited, especially if they delve a bit deeper into the Imperial Creed and Imperial Law. Nice!

#5 Cailieg

Cailieg

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:00 AM

I would say that this has been the best release information for any game line I have ever seen. At least in so much as it pleases what I was hoping for from said line.

I was hoping for exactly this. If I had to compile my list of things it was almost 100% checked off....

More info on the Ecclisiarchy? Check!

With Info on Sororitas as well? Check!

More info on the Arbites and the Legal systems of the Imperium? Check!

With info to run something Akin to Necromunda, gangers and the LAW! Check! (This may not be so doable as I hope, but I feel this book would hold the key)

More Info on the Daemon Hunters, the Grand Ordo Malleus? Check!

With Info on the Grey Knights? CHECK CHECK AND CHECK!!!!

More info on the Imperial Guardsman that line the front lines of countless wars across the Imperium? Check!

With expanded vehicle rules and info for running an IG campaign? Check!

More info on the Warp, the beings and things found therein and the things man should not know? Not so check, but still nearly every item.

Top it off with another trilogy adventure and I am literally close to dancing with joy!

Alexis

*smiles*

#6 Gregorius21778

Gregorius21778

• Members
  • 2,808 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:29 AM

I am so happy that attention is brought to clerics, scum and guardsmen. It seemed to me that they got a little to less of attention.

Anyway, I hope for good rules to make frevent believe a game factor. Vehicle rules will be nice, too. If the "scum & arb" book has something more to say about live in a hive... well, I am will be so ever-gradefull.

Cannot wait for fall! Oh... "Into the Storm" is underway...so perhaps I can *s*

#7 Traveller61

Traveller61

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:32 AM

Drat and double drat !!!!!

This little collection is going to hurt my wallet, a lot. Oh well, the price of being a DH junkie

DW

#8 egalor

egalor

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:44 AM

Hey that's great news!

I'm buying all of them, heh heh :)

However, any plans for detailing Tech Priests? It seems to be the least covered subject so far.

Thanks Mack, I have my faith in you.

#9 SJE

SJE

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:37 AM

Thats a classic typo (but worrying for production quality) on the Apostasy Trilogy with the first part of it being published last!

SJE

#10 N0-1_H3r3

N0-1_H3r3

Former Contributing Freelance Writer

• Members
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:39 AM

SJE said:

Thats a classic typo (but worrying for production quality) on the Apostasy Trilogy with the first part of it being published last!

Not necessarily - there is still winter at the start of 2011...

Writing Credits for Fantasy Flight Games: Into the Storm, Edge of the Abyss, Battlefleet Koronus, Hostile Acquisitions, Black Crusade Core Rulebook, First Founding, The Jericho Reach, The Soul Reaver, Only War, The Navis Primer,Ark of Lost Souls, and Hammer of the Emperor

I no longer write for, or am employed by, Fantasy Flight Games in any fashion. All of my comments are my own, and do not reflect the opinions of any employer, past, present, or future.

#11 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:13 PM

So... these vehicle rules. Are they going to be the same as the Into the Storm rules?

I hope so. I'd hate to have two different systems for vehicles in two RPG's that largely share the same rule set.

And this all sounds great, and it's nice to see that the first new DH release isn't "Dark Heresy 2nd Ed - now with cards and counters and unnecessary proprietary dice!". I just wish the books were coming out in reverse order. That Guard book sounds awesome.

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#12 MILLANDSON

MILLANDSON

Playtester

• Members
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:04 PM

Graver said:

The Blood of Martyrs ... [has] me rather excited, especially if [it] delve[s] a bit deeper into the Imperial Creed. Nice!

It does If anything can make you want to play a Puritanical character rather than your standard Radical (which it is in my case, I'm Xanthite through and through), this book will

I told you guys to have a little faith in Mack

~Yea, Tho I Walk Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil~

Posts/views/opinions are in no way representative of FFG, and are entirely my own.

#13 ShatterCake

ShatterCake

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:26 PM

Reading through the whole story I see a lot of hints at what the books might contain. Totally awesome. 

I can't wait to see the new trilogy. Hopefully it's a bit more "epic" than the last one. 

Oh and did I say Grey Knights? Cus...

GREY KNIGHTS.

#14 Cailieg

Cailieg

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:32 PM

GREY KNIGHTS! I will second or third that or whatever...Grey Knights....

Alexis

*grey knights err smiles*

#15 Serialkilla

Serialkilla

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:43 PM

ZOMG !  What a line up of books. Personally i wouldn't mind getting my hands on those source books (all of them)..i need them.. I CRAVE THEM!

Ecclisiarchy, vehicle rules (expanded?), THE LAW !, underhives and deamon hunters.... pure undeniable win !

#16 Raith

Raith

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:22 PM

Its nice to here about all these products and the beginning of what seems like cross pollination between the lines.

Vehicles rules for DH, hopefully from Rogue TRader and maybe (even if its not a complete list) a little starter on how to use Deathwatch rules to run a Grey Knight game.

Very exciting series of books.

- Raith

#17 zethliss

zethliss

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:32 PM

My only real complaint about it (other than the lack of a psyker book) is that everything is coming out next year apart from the Martyr book.

I want my nice new shiny things now.

#18 Sister Cat

Sister Cat

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:09 PM

Wow, FFG!  Once again, you ROCK the 40K RPG world! 

Almost everything I could have hoped for.  Only complaint ... I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG!    I want them now!

#19 Snidesworth

Snidesworth

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:01 PM

Blood of Martyrs and the Book of Judgement are quite possibly the two most exciting Dark Heresy related announcements yet. Both the Ecclesiarchy and the Arbites are beginning to be detailed. And Fall 2010 for the first! This is most excellent.

#20 Morangias

Morangias

• Members
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:15 AM

Extremely awesome. Can't wait for those books.

Still, no love for the AdMech?

There is no truth in flesh, only betrayal.

There is no strenght in flesh, only weakness.
There is no constancy in flesh, only decay.
There is no certainty in flesh but death.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS