Special Events Registration

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DoomTurtle

DoomTurtle

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:05 AM

Hi there, I am considering taking a road trip to Minnesota for the Arkham Nights event coming up in October.  I just had some questions as to how these types of events work, so if anyone that has been to their special events can kindly let me know, I would appreciate it.

I saw the online registration fee.  But does that get me into everything they are offering over the weekend at my leisure?  They made mention of different games going on throughout the day, a round table discussion with game creators, etc.  Is there a sign-up sheet to make sure I get a spot for these different scheduled events, or do I just come and go to whichever ones I choose at the moment?  Again, any guidance is appreciated.  Thanks.

#2 Bippo

Bippo

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:17 AM

If it's anything like the last event, you'll receive an e-mail from FFG acknowledging your purchase, and it will ask you to reply with what specific things you plan on attending, then they will give you more information about those things.

#3 Suijin

Suijin

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:09 PM

For limited events attendance-wise they generally have your name on a list from those email replies to make sure those people get in.  They also can make more spots/another group open if there is enough demand.

It has been for every event you want to be in from past experience.  So at your leisure for which ones you go to, but reply back as to which ones you would like to go to beforehand.

#4 DoomTurtle

DoomTurtle

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:21 AM

Thanks guys for letting me know.  Still not sure if I will be making the trip.  Can't find anyone else to go (even tried BGG) and it's a long drive from Detroit to make by myself.  But I'm hoping!

#5 DoomTurtle

DoomTurtle

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:36 AM

Does anyone know if these events follow the normal event center hours for the days they are on?  Or are their special hours?  If it starts Friday morning, that means I'm going to have to leave Thursday and stay an extra night.  If it doesn't start until Friday evening, then I can leave Friday morning.  So any help with this would be appreciated.  Or just let me know if I should be emailing FFG directly to find out.

#6 DavidG55311

DavidG55311

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 04:50 PM

The last full weekend I attended was the Runewars/Descent event.

Friday was more of a meet/greet type day.

Saturday was the day for the more organized events.

That doesn't mean this event will be run the same way, but something to mention.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS