Music for Final Sanction

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 KjetilKverndokken

KjetilKverndokken

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:34 AM

So, I'm putting together a music list for the demo story, so far I'm not certain of wah t I'm gonna use - probably a couple from Arcana and Raison perhaps.

Anyone have thoughts for music to the different scenes? I do not use music wth vocals in RPG's, thats a big no no and one of the biggest distractions an rpg can get. Soundtracks, ambient and symphonics is the types we use.

#2 Jephkay

Jephkay

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:08 AM

We are playing even now! We are using the Dawn of War 2 soundtrack, available here.

We're on a break, eating some roast that our Desperado cooked up.

#3 Artemesia

Artemesia

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 10:05 AM

I was listening to this when I had the PCs meet up with Captain Ascote shortly after landing. It seemed to go really well with the tense atmosphere and dramatic conversation, then towards the end it picks up for the beginning of the ensuing battle.

www.youtube.com/watch

#4 Deathseed

Deathseed

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:31 PM

Why not this? javascript:void(0);/*1277865035311*/

Just joking 

You think you've got problems. What are you supposed to do if you are a manically depressed robot? No, don't even bother answering. I'm 50,000 times more intelligent than you, and even I don't know the answer.

#5 Deathseed

Deathseed

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:38 PM

Oooh thanks for linking that! Download commencing!

You think you've got problems. What are you supposed to do if you are a manically depressed robot? No, don't even bother answering. I'm 50,000 times more intelligent than you, and even I don't know the answer.

#6 Deathseed

Deathseed

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:51 PM

Jephkay said:

We are playing even now! We are using the Dawn of War 2 soundtrack, available here.

We're on a break, eating some roast that our Desperado cooked up.

That thing is a goram goldmine Jeph!

#7 Raddu

Raddu

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:35 AM

Great suggestions everyone!  

For very nice creepy atmospheric music....almost anything by Lustmord works well for any WH40K based game.

#8 miss dee

miss dee

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:45 AM

Mate try "It's the end of the world as we know it.. (And I feal fine.)" by REM

#9 Decessor

Decessor

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:05 PM

Thanks for the Dow 2 link.

I second the recommendation of Lustmord and add Atrium Carceri. Creepy, atmospheric stuff for when Genestealers are sneaking in.

www.myspace.com/atriumcarceri

#10 Brother Praetus

Brother Praetus

• Members
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:47 PM

The Dead Space OST is not half bad either.  It's got some very nice ambiance to it.

-=Brother Praetus=-

"Truth is so rare it must be protected by a bodyguard of lies."

- Fortune Cookie

#11 Lucifer216

Lucifer216

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 01:21 AM

If you can track it down, The Rock soundtrack (the Sean Connery/Nicolas Cage film) is extremely good and is particularly appropriate for a somber military mood.

#12 egalor

egalor

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:21 AM

I would suggest to make two Winamp lists: one for combat, and one for everything outside the combat.

An excellent place to start are the OSTs from Fallout 1-2 and C&C1.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS