Membership

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bippo

Bippo

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:05 AM

Had a quick question about membership. The website says you can get a discount for being a member, but what does being a member entail? Is there a membership fee? Does being a member grant you other privlages besides for a discount?

#2 Suijin

Suijin

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:36 PM

Bippo said:

Had a quick question about membership. The website says you can get a discount for being a member, but what does being a member entail? Is there a membership fee? Does being a member grant you other privlages besides for a discount?

Yes, there is a membership fee to be a member.

I do not work for them, but it allows you to borrow armies and games while there to use.  Also there is free wifi, although I haven't tried it yet.  You can reserve rooms for cheaper amounts and get priority of room use over non-members.  I don't have their sheet in front of me now, but those are some of the benefits.

You don't need to be a member to go there, check it out, or hang out there.  So go there if you want play games with people, and then decide if you want the membership or not later.

#3 NarcoSleepy

NarcoSleepy

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:37 AM

I see you posted this a couple months ago, but there is some information on membership here: www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp  I've been to the Event Center a couple times to demo some games and it is very clean and open.  While I was there, I was invited by friendly gamers to join in on whatever games they had going on at the time.

The membership advantages only appear to be worth it if you are local to the event center and game there a lot - I am about 30 minutes away, so it's not usually practical for me to game there too often.  As for membership discounts on games, if you are frugal, there are plenty of online places you can find much better deals even if you need to factor in shipping.

#4 teh-V1s1on

teh-V1s1on

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:18 AM

How much is the fee? i see prices for everything else just not the membership

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS