• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 alansa

alansa

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:21 PM

looks nice, much improved graphics.

As to compatibility with the current expansions, I do believe you could use the Sauron expansion if you have the original LotR set as you use the orignal tiles along with the red tiles from the sauron set instead of the new tiles from this set which look smaller.

According to the advice for card sleeves, the cards in this new set are the same european standard size as with the old sets.  But even if they where not it wouldn't be a problem as the new cards from sauron don't get mixed with any of the decks from the base game.

The resource chits will probably (hopefully) fit on the new boards.

#2 Admje14

Admje14

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:43 AM

And hopefully if they come out with Silver Line expansions, they will be compatible with the original set, as that is the one that I have, and I would like to be able to pick up at least one or two of them for relatively inexpensively.

#3 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:38 AM

If the Silver Line Edition will get some expansions, then maybe that i will buy it.

I have the old edition with the first 2 expansions:)

I am still missing battlegrounds..

#4 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,292 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

Battlefields is nice, harder than Friends & Foes, though haven't yet dared to pair Sauron expansion with anything other than the base game.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#5 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:05 AM

I see that the Silver line edition exist 2 years already?

And there are still no expansion sets?

#6 Shub-Niggurath

Shub-Niggurath

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

It doesn't look like it. Best to get the original and expansions on eBay. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS