Change to Number of Players with more Boards

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Quizoid

Quizoid

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:33 AM

I remember the designer mentioning that even though the rules say you set all values as if you had one less investigator for each additional board after the first, this does not apply to the Great Old One.  Does the 2 monster per gate threshold stay up as well, or can you play with 5 players, two boards, and only have one monster per gate?  

#2 Nghtflame7

Nghtflame7

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:17 AM

I only play with one additional board at a time, but I do interpret the rules that if I were to use both at the same time, I would only get 2 monsters per gate if I played with 6 investigators. With 5 you get eggroll, but only one monster.

#3 ColtsFan76

ColtsFan76

Rules Guru

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:47 PM

Quizoid said:

I remember the designer mentioning that even though the rules say you set all values as if you had one less investigator for each additional board after the first, this does not apply to the Great Old One.  Does the 2 monster per gate threshold stay up as well, or can you play with 5 players, two boards, and only have one monster per gate?  

Within the game, you treat it as -1 player for all purposes.  This is for teh two monsters per gate during the Mythos and encounters that count investigators and anything else that might pop up.

rthe only  exceptions, as you pointed out, is the Final Battle.  That reverts back to the actual number of investigators.

So yes, with 5 players and 2 expansion boards, only 1 monster per gate.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS