• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 FFG Ross Watson

FFG Ross Watson

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:12 AM

Greetings, Deathwatch fans!

This week's designer diary goes into detail about how psychic powers work in the Deathwatch RPG, plus some additional extras for Free RPG Day (this Saturday, June 19!).

#2 nos4artu

nos4artu

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:18 AM

Very nice!  Cheers:D.

#3 dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:50 AM

Excellent! Now I get to kill 6 PCs Saturday! Yay!

#4 Santiago

Santiago

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:38 AM

Darn,

Power Armour 8 AP as to be expected, but whats the damage on the Bolter and Bolt Pistol?

#5 dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:56 AM

Similar but more than Bolters and Bolt pistols in DH/RT, cuz they're Astartes versions.  Of course, this doesn't even touch on the special ammo available to Astartes ... notice the "Kraken Rounds" listed for those Tactical SM PC bolters?

#6 Walker0001

Walker0001

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:23 AM

Could one of the tester's please confirm if the psychic powers are Dark Heresy Rules or Rogue Trader Rules or a new blend of rules?

Whichever one they are can we get conversion rules for one system to the other when Deathwatch is published??

#7 Rictus

Rictus

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:13 PM

Figure that the Psyker rules are on par with Ascension, as well as using implementing the Fettered/Unfettered/Push rules, if not one or two steps higher...

Hmm, wonder if the Black Carapace implant contributes to overall AP.

#8 macd21

macd21

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:48 AM

Walker0001 said:

Could one of the tester's please confirm if the psychic powers are Dark Heresy Rules or Rogue Trader Rules or a new blend of rules?

Whichever one they are can we get conversion rules for one system to the other when Deathwatch is published??

Seems pretty clear that it's going to be closer to RT than DH. The default these days seems to be the RT rules, I think we're more likely to see a conversion of the DH rules to the new system than RT and DW to the old.

#9 Cifer

Cifer

• Members
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:02 PM

I'd assume it's a part of the Unnatural Toughness.

#10 MILLANDSON

MILLANDSON

Playtester

• Members
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:32 PM

Power Armour 8 AP as to be expected

Actually, read the rules fully. It's AP 10 on the chest, and AP 8 everywhere else.

Nope, it doesn't contribute towards AP. If you want it to contribute to anything, it'd probably be towards Unnatural Toughness.

~Yea, Tho I Walk Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil~

Posts/views/opinions are in no way representative of FFG, and are entirely my own.

#11 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:08 PM

This document cannot come out in PDF fast enough!!!

Cannot wait for this. I really cant. I'm clawing at my screen in the hope that the PDF will just materialise...

BYE 

#12 ratdebois

ratdebois

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:50 PM

MILLANDSON said:

Actually, read the rules fully. It's AP 10 on the chest, and AP 8 everywhere else.

Maybe I'm missing something.  What page is this on? I'm looking at Page 21 of Final Sanction, and it specifically states Ceramite Plating: Provides AP 8 to all Locations.

#13 Santiago

Santiago

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 12:50 AM

Perhaps in the quickstart version because they don't use "to hit" locations....in the finished version probable..
Makes you wonder...Brother Sgt. Agamor was wearing Artificer Armour?

#14 Kage2020

Kage2020

• Members
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 05:21 AM

Could someone clarify the "Deathwatch Training" language?  As I'm reading it (without checking the language in Dark Heresy), a Marine of the Deathwatch doesn't need to bother checking for Righteous Fury if it happens?  That is, roll a 10 and you get to keep on rolling without bothering to roll a WS/BS check again?

Kage

#15 MILLANDSON

MILLANDSON

Playtester

• Members
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 05:36 AM

ratdebois said:

MILLANDSON said:

Maybe I'm missing something.  What page is this on? I'm looking at Page 21 of Final Sanction, and it specifically states Ceramite Plating: Provides AP 8 to all Locations.

Might have been changed after my playtesting it then, because my copy says:

Ceramite Plating: Provides AP 10 to the Body and AP 8 to all other Locations

~Yea, Tho I Walk Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil~

Posts/views/opinions are in no way representative of FFG, and are entirely my own.

#16 Cifer

Cifer

• Members
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 05:58 AM

@Kage

Exactly.

#17 Kage2020

Kage2020

• Members
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:04 AM

Cifer said:

@Kage

Exactly.

Ouch.  Craftworlds be warned! 

^ Just kidding!

Kage

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS