• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Framses

Framses

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:23 PM

Hi, fellows.

I have only the basic Arkham Horror and I was pondering about the best expansion to start with.

Any suggestions?

#2 Veet

Veet

• Members
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:49 PM

If you are going with a big box expansion Dunwitch Horror is the way to go, it has some new and interesting monsters a new board and a balance between investigator asistance and a new challenge. If you are going with a small box I would suggest King in Yellow with Dark Pharaoh a close second, each has some interesting new items for the investigator and some challenegeing new encounters to boot but King in Yellow has some optional mechanics that can make the game a real challenge.

#3 WintermuteZero

WintermuteZero

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:37 AM

Dunwich Horror, just to get started with the Scenario.

#4 Iacton

Iacton

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:05 AM

Hi, I'm also considering my first expansion.  Love the game so far.  How much table space will be needed if Dunwitch Horror expansion is added, as our gaming table is just about coping with the original?

#5 Veet

Veet

• Members
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:01 AM

The expansion boards have an area of 1/3 the original board, that is 2 extra foldout squares.

#6 Iacton

Iacton

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:31 PM

Thanks Veet! Guess we need a bigger table then. Or go for one of the smaller boxes first.

#7 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:53 PM

Iacton said:

Thanks Veet! Guess we need a bigger table then. Or go for one of the smaller boxes first.

The deeper you'll go along the madness path, the sooner you'll discover you need a bigger house for a table big enough to host the whole Arkham... ::laughing::

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#8 Veet

Veet

• Members
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:36 AM

I believe that FFG is actually setting up to move into the furniture business.

#9 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:38 AM

Veet said:

I believe that FFG is actually setting up to move into the furniture business.

anyway, jokes aside... once I thought the table in my kitchen should have been big enough for all the games I play. Now I don't have enough space for all the boards (not considering the cards laying everywhere AROUND the table, suspended in the air, and so on). Next years I'm moving, and one of the major issues while choosing the new house is "enough space for Arkham + at least 4 expansion boards". ::shock::

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#10 Veet

Veet

• Members
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:27 PM

Yes my wife and I are planing on moving in the next year or so and I actually am keeping Arkham in mind as we look at places. Also when we look at new dining room tables.

Luckily no mater where we move (so long as we stay in the area as planned) I have access to a library table big enough to hold the entire setup 3 times over whenever I host an Arkham night.

#11 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:52 PM

Veet said:

Luckily no mater where we move (so long as we stay in the area as planned) I have access to a library table big enough to hold the entire setup 3 times over whenever I host an Arkham night.

New priority for Julia's new home: at a maximum distance of 10 miles from Veet's table ::laughing::

#12 Babyblue

Babyblue

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:58 PM

So you can play with all expansions at once???

#13 H.P. Lovecraft

H.P. Lovecraft

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:35 AM

They actually let you stay at the library and play the game?

#14 Veet

Veet

• Members
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 05:08 PM

Its a library in a church, I do their IT, I have the keys....oh and my father is the minister so I have permision.

#15 letsdance

letsdance

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:04 PM

moved this post to a better thread about this topic here:

http://www.fantasyfl...&efpag=0#378422

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS