• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ravenwolf64

ravenwolf64

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:29 AM

Hey guys and gals,

I live in Cincinnati so normally sitting down here jealous that there is nothing like the Event Center around here. I am going to be visiting friends in La Crosse Wisconsin however and saw that it is about 2 hours away. Is the Event Center worth the journey, e.g. can you just walk in and find folks to play games at all times or is it like local game stores where you have to show up at specific times on specific days to find the exact game you want? Just curioius :) Thanks!

Peace,

David

Peace,

David Hoctor

http://www.wetalkagoodgame.com

#2 PlebeianMaw

PlebeianMaw

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:59 AM

Hey David,

I sent you an email because the message center on FFG is a fail.  Should be coming from toddfrazie@yahoo.com

#3 ASoIaFfan

ASoIaFfan

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:23 AM

From my experience it's very much a "specific time, specific day" sort of deal. There are usually plenty of people around, but it isn't always so easy to find someone to play a specific game with.

#4 W1nterKn1ght

W1nterKn1ght

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:18 AM

Hi, 

Maybe to late for ravenwolf64, but eventually it helps the next one: 

I was there -like you- only for one day.  I visited my relatives in TwinCities and got of for one evening. 

Nice welcome from staff and they tried to organize something. They were very helpfull. 

I wanted to play WFRP, but ended in playing :

•  Invasion
  • Tannhäuser
  • Micromutants

So not the big thing, but worth it. I spend an nice evenig playing with some guys - I had fun. I drove 1h and missed a fine meal with my father in law. but it was worth it ( i got he leftovers when i came home) 

But there were a lot of wargamer - so if you are a wargamer bring your own army or borrow it there ( they charge you 5? bucks for it) . If you want to play something specific send them a email in advance or post something here - maybe you are more lucky than me.

Greeting WK 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS