Dying on the Ice Bridge

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 07:27 AM

Text on the Highland space The Icebridge says: you are killed!

Does that mean instant death? (Basilisk's card says the same.) If not, why does it not say: you lose a life?

#2 Canadianized

Canadianized

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 09:06 AM

You fall through the Ice Brige, you are killed, dead.  New character or game loss for you.

#3 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 09:25 AM

Rimmer said:

Text on the Highland space The Icebridge says: you are killed!

Does that mean instant death? (Basilisk's card says the same.) If not, why does it not say: you lose a life?

Yes, killed is instant death

But if i am right, you can ditch followers before you roll the die.

So that makes it a little easier...

We have finally a space that gets rid of those followers!

#4 titanmatch

titanmatch

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

My pals and I had the same question as to whether 'killed' meant all lives or just one. We opted for one life until we could find out more info.

#5 zealot12

zealot12

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

Killed means lose all lives=instant death. Note that the Cleric's ability cannot counter the Killed effect.Nor can spells like Preservation, Healing, etc.

#6 frogemoth

frogemoth

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

zealot12 said:

Killed means lose all lives=instant death. Note that the Cleric's ability cannot counter the Killed effect.Nor can spells like Preservation, Healing, etc.

I think you are wrong on this, I remember reading on these forums that the cleric cannot be killed if he uses his special ability, he will be left with only one life though. You are right for the spells though, these cannot save you.

#7 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

frogemoth said:

zealot12 said:

I think you are wrong on this, I remember reading on these forums that the cleric cannot be killed if he uses his special ability, he will be left with only one life though. You are right for the spells though, these cannot save you.

Nobody ever said this. There's a thread, that you can find using the search engine, where Elliott's words were misinterpreted but he immediately stated what he really meant. The Cleric cannot save herself with the special ability if she's killed by the Reaper, the Ice Bridge, Vindication Spell or other effects that say "You are killed".

"You are killed" doesn't mean "lose all lives"; it means "you're dead"!

If the Cleric could save herself, Preservation/Restoration Spell will work too, as they can prevent the loss of (your last) Life.

Healing can't be cast when you've lost your last Life, it's too late.

#8 zealot12

zealot12

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:15 AM

@frogemoth

Kill does not mean lose X Lives. The Cleric can preserve her last life if she has Fate but only from lose X lives effect, where X is a number.

Thematically, if you consider the Basilisk, he causes instant death because he petrifies his victim. There's no escaping that, if he succeeds. The lose all lives is simply an explanation of the Killed effect, it does noy entail that you can lose less using some spell or ability.

#9 frogemoth

frogemoth

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

I stand corrected!

#10 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 657 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

I hope this isn't the wrong question or wrong place to ask, but would anyone mind listing the various cards, spells or effects that cause

Sudden Death:

So fari I'm hearing the Ice Bridge (that's pretty nasty!), Reaper, of course, apparantly the Basiisk and the Vindication Spell.

What else, please.

#11 zealot12

zealot12

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Pesant Mob, if you're a Lycanthrope

#12 Cruan

Cruan

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

Sacrificial Stone

#13 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

Nether Drake, from Grilipus Dragon Card deck.

If you reroll the attack with Fate and roll a lower result than the first roll, you're killed.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS