Photo

The Gathering Storm >> Download the Maps from the WFRP Support Page!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 ynnen

ynnen

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:50 AM

The Gathering Storm features an exciting series of adventures and mysterious events centred on the village of Stromdorf and its surroundings. To help the Game Master make the campaign come alive for his players, the campaign includes a number of full colour handouts, including several maps for key locations. To make GM’ing The Gathering Storm even easier, we’re providing copies of the included maps in a larger format for reference.

The maps can be found on the WFRP Support Page in a convenient PDF.

Note: If you are a player participating in the Gathering Storm – STOP NOW! The maps may contain secrets your GM isn’t ready to share yet.

#2 keltheos

keltheos

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:42 AM

Awesome, these are great! Thanks!!

#3 Lionyx

Lionyx

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:52 AM

Wait a minute, this smells like designers actually listening to the players! We can't have this FFG, you will ruin all other game companies, please go back to ignoring our requests like all the other publishers.

#4 ynnen

ynnen

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 09:41 AM

Lionyx said:

Wait a minute, this smells like designers actually listening to the players! We can't have this FFG, you will ruin all other game companies, please go back to ignoring our requests like all the other publishers.

Shhhhhh!

It'll be our little secret

#5 keltheos

keltheos

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:15 AM

Yeah, way to blab it to the world...

#6 Llanwyre

Llanwyre

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:29 AM

That's AWESOME. We use a lot of electronics in our gaming, so I'm delighted to see PDF support. Hooray! Thank you so much.

#7 El Hefe

El Hefe

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:21 PM

Very nice. Thanks.

#8 Bindlespin

Bindlespin

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:02 PM

Thank you!     

#9 DongMaster

DongMaster

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:57 PM

Crap, that was fast!

#10 Armoks

Armoks

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 04:17 AM

I do hope that FFG won't stop listening to the players opinions. Good job!

#11 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 03:50 AM

Thanks Jay, it's a really nice suprise. I can't believe we got the maps as pdf - wow!

#12 Ghiacciolo

Ghiacciolo

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:07 AM

LoL! but the stromdorf region map for players is still totally useless, since it list all the major locations of the adventures, even the nexus!! c'mon!!!!

#13 NezziR

NezziR

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:23 AM

Ask and ye shall receive! Thanks so much!

#14 Mordjinn

Mordjinn

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:34 PM

FANTASTIC! Way to go Ynnen/FFG. These are the small things which will keep the players active and interested. Bravo.

#15 willmanx

willmanx

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:58 PM

Thank you very much from France.

Ghiacciolo's point is quite fair though. But in the Old World, who really draw maps ? who can do cartography ? I figure travels more like a succession of localisation : "go to the forest in the north, then turn east and reach the small mount. After that, you'll the the village".

#16 mcv

mcv

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:13 AM

Ghiacciolo said:

LoL! but the stromdorf region map for players is still totally useless, since it list all the major locations of the adventures, even the nexus!! c'mon!!!!

I agree. While the PDF maps are really cool, they're not really something I can show to my players. And I'm not terribly good with PDF editing programs (but maybe someone else is?)

#17 Mordjinn

Mordjinn

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:20 AM

Ynnen. I cleaned the regional map up for my players with Photoshop. I left the roads, bridges (and bridge names), river names on, but removed all the adventure locations or references to the adventure locations (the lightning and the magical "swirl" on the nexus).

I used the clone stamp tool, so there's only original artwork used. If you wish I can send you the cleaned up "player" map and you can upload it for everyone as it seems quite a many GMs have been hoping for this kind of map.

I hope I didn't break any rules with this, I just wish to help out as the game rocks!

#18 sallerin

sallerin

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:12 PM

Very good idea :)

Post it on some fansite like  Hammerzeit (http://74.53.20.230/hammerzeit/)

and thank you to share your work!

#19 Ghiacciolo

Ghiacciolo

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:05 PM

Mordjinn said:

Ynnen. I cleaned the regional map up for my players with Photoshop. I left the roads, bridges (and bridge names), river names on, but removed all the adventure locations or references to the adventure locations (the lightning and the magical "swirl" on the nexus).

This is super-cool!!!! :D

I hope it will be hosted soom....i was about to draw it by myself whit pencil and paper!!! i'm too old skool!!

#20 Mordjinn

Mordjinn

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 02:41 AM

Before uploading it to Hammerzeit I need a consent from Ynnen/FFG as it's their map afterall. But I'm more than happy to send it over so it can be hosted on the official website (if they think my work is good enough).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS