• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Egg

Egg

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:31 PM

(s0) Abandoned Forge

Response: After Abandoned Forge comes out of Shadows, pay X gold to search your deck for X Weapon attachments, and attach them to Abandoned Forge.

Any Phase: Kneel Abandoned Forge to move a Weapon attachment from Abandoned Forge to your hand.

A few questions regarding Abandoned Forge.

i)  Can I search for a weapon attachment that has House Baratheon character only, or Unique character only, or ********* character only and still attach it to Abandoned Forge(which is none of these things)? 

ii)  Can I trigger an action like:

(2) Seafarer's Bow

Challenges: Kneel Seafarer's Bow to choose a participating character. Until the end of the phase, that character gets +2 STR. (Limit once per phase.)

or a response like:

(s0)  Venemous Blade

Response: After you lose a challenge, Venomous Blade goes into Shadows.

while they are still attached to Abandoned Forge?

#2 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,638 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:28 AM

1. Yes. The effect of Abandoned Forge effectively bypasses all normal attachment restrictions and allows the Weapon attachments fetched with its ability to stay on the location. Otherwise, they would be discarded immediately since, by default, attachments have to go on characters. 

2. Yes. The attachments are considered "in play," so their text is active. Seafarer's Bow and Venomous Blade have certain effects that do not actually refer to the attached "character," so those effects could be triggered.

#3 schrecklich

schrecklich

• Members
  • 657 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:09 AM

Wow, Abandoned Forge is a lot better than I thought it was then!

#4 db123456

db123456

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

how about rider of the red foik attach to it?

#5 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,638 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:10 AM

db123456 said:

Yes, but once you do, it's stuck on the location - since it is not actually a Weapon attachment, the "put into hand" effect will not work on the Riders.

#6 db123456

db123456

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:05 AM

ktom said:

db123456 said:

Yes, but once you do, it's stuck on the location - since it is not actually a Weapon attachment, the "put into hand" effect will not work on the Riders.

it will attach on the forge,right?

another:if the forge change control to my opponent,can he get the weapon to his hand?

#7 johnn0411

johnn0411

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:12 AM

also can you get x char trair only attachments on it?

#8 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,638 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:33 PM

db123456 said:

it will attach on the forge,right?
another:if the forge change control to my opponent,can he get the weapon to his hand?
They will attach as part of the "search" effect.

As for the control change, remember that any time a card leaves play, it goes to its owner's corresponding out-of-play area. So no, an opponent taking your Forge will not allow them to put weapons on it that belong to someone else into their hand.

johnn0411 said:

also can you get x char trair only attachments on it?
I don't know what this means. 

However, the "out of Shadows" response on the Forge creates a lasting effect allowing the weapon attachment to attached to the location, regardless of any other attachment restrictions on the card. Otherwise, they'd be discarded immediately (since by default, attachments can only be be attached to characters unless some effect says otherwise).

#9 johnn0411

johnn0411

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:47 PM

im asking if you could have an attachment that says attach to a clansmen be found by the forge attached to it and then stay attached. or once the attachment is in play it would check to see if its attached to a clansmen sees its not and then falls off?

#10 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,638 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:23 PM

johnn0411 said:

im asking if you could have an attachment that says attach to a clansmen be found by the forge attached to it and then stay attached. or once the attachment is in play it would check to see if its attached to a clansmen sees its not and then falls off?

"However, the 'out of Shadows' response on the Forge creates a lasting effect allowing the weapon attachment to attached to the location, regardless of any other attachment restrictions on the card. Otherwise, they'd be discarded immediately (since by default, attachments can only be be attached to characters unless some effect says otherwise)."

#11 johnn0411

johnn0411

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:05 AM

I Must not understand the rules for attachments,  in the case of the forge it seems that the attachments are attached by the effect of the card thus allowing it to break the normal rules of the game? if so does this also apply to other effects? So if my card says gain control of an attachment are reattach it, because the effect does not say it must be legal I could attach it to something that would break the normal rules of attachments?

Also If i have an attachment that says clansmen only and my char loses that trait after the attachment is attached does the attachment fall off?

#12 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,638 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:29 AM

johnn0411 said:

in the case of the forge it seems that the attachments are attached by the effect of the card thus allowing it to break the normal rules of the game?
Correct. The effect of the Forge creates a lasting effect that says, more or less, "attaching Weapon attachments to the location with this effect specifically countermands any other restrictions on those attachments."

johnn0411 said:

if so does this also apply to other effects? So if my card says gain control of an attachment are reattach it, because the effect does not say it must be legal I could attach it to something that would break the normal rules of attachments?
No. If the effect does not specifically contradict the normal rules of attachments, they still apply. Abandoned Forge specifically says "attach Weapon attachments to the location." Specific (type) of attachment and specific attached card. But "take control of an attachment and move it to another character" does not specify an attached card, so in choosing one, you have to follow all other attachment rules in deciding on eligibility. 

johnn0411 said:

Also If i have an attachment that says clansmen only and my char loses that trait after the attachment is attached does the attachment fall off?
Attachment restrictions must always be true. So if you have a "Clansman only" attachment and the character loses the trait, it falls off - unless there is some other effect specifically stopping it from falling off (like Abandoned Forge's effect).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS