Photo

Question regarding replacement board spaces from Upgrade Kit.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jpashlock

Jpashlock

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:33 AM

Okay, I downloaded the images of the new updated spaces from http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=267 , and I would like to print them out on adhesive paper to affix to the board, or maybe to card stock which I can place over the board.  However the images are very large as is and need to be resized.  Does anyone know the appropriate pixel dimensions for each space so that they will closely match the board?

#2 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:30 AM

If you print the files directly from any decent image manipulating software they should print at the correct size without any adjustment.

I use Photoshop, but you can always get hold of Gimp for free...

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#3 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 02:55 PM

The imags SEEM to be at 300dpi, so check your printer settings and make sure it is printing at this output. Try a B&W print on basic paper first, and measure it against the board. If all goes well, do your color print on whatever stock you need. There shouldn't be any need to manipulate them, and if you view the images directly in a browser, you might still be able to print them direclty if you control the DPI via your printer.

#4 RiCHiE

RiCHiE

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:37 PM

www.paint.net

is another good FREE image altering program

#5 Jono

Jono

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:36 AM

I am glad I am not the only one who thought of this.  I actually expected that in the upgrade kit that there would be stickers included to upgrade the board as well...printed on the same material that the board paper was made of but with a self adhesive backing.  I think it would give a very clean look...  If anyone prints out their own I would love to see some pics of it installed.

#6 Feldspar

Feldspar

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 03:38 AM

I scaled the photos down in powerpoint.  They work great. 

(I don't know the exact scale used, but all the photos were scaled by the same amount if that helps.  Also, if someone can post the .ppt file somewhere, I can email it to you.

#7 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 03:46 AM

Another approach is to crop and print only the textual part of the graphics... leaving enough extra to cover any old text that runs long by the line. I printed b&w copy first to overlay the board and get a rough idea of the crop size needed. Then I cropped the graphic, printed the text only section on a large label, trimmed as needed and applied. Worked pretty well, though a slight difference in color tone in using a basic home color printer.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS