1) Is it possible to walk into combat without performing a "charge" action? The book says "while moving.the base of your character...cannot come into contact with the base of an enemy unit, since it would automatically enter combat" (p19). This implies that the only way to enter combat is by a "charge" action. However, cipher-studios.com/2010/01/the-samael-vs-church-battle-report/ has a character walk into combat and perform an attack action (Jiang Pao, turn 2). Did they make a mistake, or can you do that?
2) For Saint Elienai's "door to the beyond"; if a character is killed within her control zone by an attack that causes Throw, and is thrown out of her control zone, can she recover it? In other words, does the character drop below 0 LP at the point of the attack, or at its final resting point? Likewise, can "door to the beyond" recover a character killed by Doom, or Hel's "Gates of Hell," or some other attack that "retires the character from the game" without technically taking their LP?
3) If Khaine uses "Martyr sacrifice" in reaction to an attack, is the damage on the target character transferred before the attack lands (and presumably adds more damage), thus making the victim character fully healthy before receiving the attack, or is the damage from the attack transferred to Khaine without ever hitting the target of the attack? Similarly, if Genma transfers damage to one of her summons, does the damage "hit" her first? If so, what happens if the damage is enough to kill her? Can Genma only transfer damage at the time it is incurred, or can she offload accumulated damage counters at any time?
4. Can a character under Seal pay upkeep for abilities that are already active, or do active abilities automatically end? If the latter, do they end immediately, or during the next upkeep phase when the upkeep cost cannot be paid? If the latter of this, can the seal (if level 1) be resolved before the upkeep is passed and the effect cancelled?
5. If the "line of charge" from someone suffering Berserker is blocked to the "nearest enemy character" (by scenery or another model), is the berserker character forced to charge them (and fail) or does it charge the closest character it can see/reach? Similarly, if a character is visible and technically nearest, but the charge would fail due to difficult terrain, and there is another character technically farther away that could be reached, which will the berserker charge? In other words, does "nearest" take into account terrain penalties?
6. If Elienai has the "Dragon Blood" advantage, can she use Deus Vult to re-roll the result?
7. Elienai again: If she is using one of the "spirit" abilities and a friendly character dies, can she end the ability as a reactive action and re-appear in time to recover that character with "door to the beyond" (assuming she appears with the dying character in her control zone), or would she have to react to the attack before the damage was dealt?
8. AOE ranged attacks: secondary targets are hit at the same "value of the attack" (p29). How does this relate to "modifiers" for ranged attacks? For example; Character A shoots a ranged attack at long range against Character B in combat (-2). This attack affects all characters within 3 inches, which in this case is Character C, who is in short range and not engaged in combat. Character a rolls a 7. The attack against Character B (the target) is therefore 5. Is the attack against Character C 5 or 7?
9. When Shinigami Ayl uses "Mimic damage" is the damage transferred calculated before or after armor? Does the armor of the recipient reduce this damage?
Thanks for the help.