• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 the 8 spider

the 8 spider

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:20 AM

from france

in lure of the expanse in one planet they described moving cities. i was wondering if they are walking cities like ambulon or like leviathan.  more importantly does any one have a idea about a sealed moving city without imperial systeme (ministorum, tech priest arbites ...) a city free of the obscurantisme could look like?

#2 Santiago

Santiago

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:21 AM

They arey like Ambulon I think...

#3 Brother Praetus

Brother Praetus

• Members
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:58 AM

the 8 spider said:

from france

in lure of the expanse in one planet they described moving cities. i was wondering if they are walking cities like ambulon or like leviathan.  more importantly does any one have a idea about a sealed moving city without imperial systeme (ministorum, tech priest arbites ...) a city free of the obscurantisme could look like?

The land-ships of Zayth? Each is wholey unique now, though what they once looked like is up in the air somewhat.  I don't think they quite matched Ambulon; I picture massive structures Below are some of the highlights of their description:

"From a distance a land-ship looks not unlike an imperial hive... At its base, behind a billowing cloud of ash and dust, legs, tracks and suspensor arrays can be glimpsed, holding the mighty structure aloft... There is nothing in the Imperial arsenal that completely compares to a land-ship... more than one traveller from the Imperium has commented that it is as if a light cruiser had landed and sprouted legs."

There are some remnants and allegories of Imperial doctrine within the land-ships.  As to what something without Imperial influences would look like; either itself or its infrastructure/society, it could look like whatever you wanted it to look like.

But, in all honesty, I think the land-ships are much larger than a Leviathan command carrier, but smaller than Ambulon.  Hard to say though.

-=Brother Praetus=-

"Truth is so rare it must be protected by a bodyguard of lies."

- Fortune Cookie

#4 the 8 spider

the 8 spider

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:57 AM

from france

thank for the answers. i miss that part. something between a leviathan and ambulon. i think it s quite exciting for adventures be a lord of such thnig can be quite interesting. much more pleasant than a fief in quadis because you can play in dh/rt in a alternate setting.

#5 Gribble_the_Munchkin

Gribble_the_Munchkin

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 04:43 AM

Honestly, i always assumed Ambulon was exactly the same thing as a landship of Zaythe (except not on Zaythe, obviously).

Both are effectively mobile hive cities.

I'd imagine that due to the constant war on Zaythe (am i spelling this right? Serfs Parma, no books), the landships there are significantly better armed and armoured than Ambulon.

#6 Nameless2all

Nameless2all

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:25 PM

Ambulon is like a many legged walking Titan, but without major weapons or major shielding.  And the city that is on it's back, side, and underside, are open to the enviroment.

While the landships of Zaythe are exactly that.  Land ships, about light cruiser, bigger or smaller, in size, armed for war.  With cruiser type shields, weapons, and armor, able to detect and shoot at a starship in space.  The landships have ramps, hatches, doors, etc, that allow it to mobilize troops and vehicles in land warfare operations against other landship forces.  Why do they fight, can't remember, but they've been at it for generations.

For a collection of fan created material, please refer to the link below. Some of it was edited/created by myself and friends, while most is other fan material. Happy gaming people.https://drive.google.com<p>-"May your endeavors always be prosperous, though they may not always be profitable."

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS