Core Set Card Errata / Revision 5/7/10

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 ynnen

ynnen

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:21 AM

To address the design and gameplay imbalance the original text presented, three cards from the WFRP Core Set have been revised.

Talent Card: Aqshy Order
Melee Attack Card: Double Strike
Ranged Attack Card: Rapid Fire

Low-rez and High-rez PDF versions of these cards are available for download from the WFRP Support Page.

Our goal is to re-print these cards and include the revised versions in an upcoming product.

#2 gruntl

gruntl

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:17 AM

Solid changes! Good calls on all three cards.

#3 Silverwave

Silverwave

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:04 PM

ynnen said:

Our goal is to re-print these cards and include the revised versions in an upcoming product.

Yet, another very nice benefit of having everything on cards! It's WAY easier to errata than if it were written down in a book!

I really like the idea of adding errated cards in an upcoming product! Good job FFG!

#4 keltheos

keltheos

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:20 AM

Any chance of a 'turn in your old ones' exchange system for players of the 1st gen cards? 

#5 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:55 PM

ynnen said:

To address the design and gameplay imbalance the original text presented, three cards from the WFRP Core Set have been revised.

Low-rez and High-rez PDF versions of these cards are available for download from the WFRP Support Page.

Ok, it's godd the hear that. So now we are waiting for some new announcment about the new products. Oh, and by the way - The Gathering Storm ROCKS! It's  one of the best campains that I ever saw - it's really good even comparing to The Enemy Within.

#6 Gallows

Gallows

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:24 PM

lol nice... those are my house rules :D 

Bright order 1 to 1 damage bonus, rapid fire and double strike... nice. I can remove those house rules when we get the new cards.

#7 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:43 AM

ynnen said:

So In witch new prodect we will see the revised version of those cards? Is it The Winds Of Magic or the Edge Of Night? And when will we see them?

#8 mac40k

mac40k

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:06 PM

The pdf files are pretty much exactly the same size as the cards, just without the corners rounded off. If you keep your cards in sleeves, you can print them out, trim them up, and slide them right into the sleeve over the existing card.

#9 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 04:57 AM

mac40k said:

The pdf files are pretty much exactly the same size as the cards, just without the corners rounded off. If you keep your cards in sleeves, you can print them out, trim them up, and slide them right into the sleeve over the existing card.

I agre, it's really a good idea but why do that? If FFG will make a printed version of those cards and they will be avalaible for free with the next upcomming expansion for WFRP. I will wait, of coure if any one needs them right now then Your idea is the best way to do it.

#10 mac40k

mac40k

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:43 AM

ffgfan said:

mac40k said:

I agre, it's really a good idea but why do that? If FFG will make a printed version of those cards and they will be avalaible for free with the next upcomming expansion for WFRP. I will wait, of coure if any one needs them right now then Your idea is the best way to do it.

Of course anyone that doesn't need the cards because they either aren't playing currently or using these cards in their game can afford to wait until the official reprints are released and doesn't need to waste the ink or toner printing these out. It's still a nicer solution for those of us that are using them than just issuing errata for the cards and leaving it up to you to either deface your existing cards with a pen or else keep remembering to refer to the errata during play while waiting for the official reprints to be released. Also, putting out the pdfs is nice for those people who may not be interested in buying whatever release the reprint cards end up being a part of.

#11 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:14 PM

mac40k said:

Of course anyone that doesn't need the cards because they either aren't playing currently or using these cards in their game can afford to wait until the official reprints are released and doesn't need to waste the ink or toner printing these out. It's still a nicer solution for those of us that are using them than just issuing errata for the cards and leaving it up to you to either deface your existing cards with a pen or else keep remembering to refer to the errata during play while waiting for the official reprints to be released. Also, putting out the pdfs is nice for those people who may not be interested in buying whatever release the reprint cards end up being a part of.

Yes, I agre with You Mac40k. I'm going to wait for them with the next expansion but still it is good that the pdf versions of those cards are avaliable for download - thanks Ynnen!

#12 PanzerKraken

PanzerKraken

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:23 AM

Great changes.  It's a pretty big nerf to the action cards but those were ridiculous in power, now they are useful, but not so good that it was the only card the players would use like before.  Now my troll slayer is looking at using other cards finally :)

#13 Fresnel

Fresnel

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:19 AM

Actually we are finding Trollfeller Strike does more damage per round than the original Double Strike.

Using a 'Fast' weapon means Trollfeller can be used mostly every turn. I like the revised DS because it adds an option for mowing down low soak targets quickly - not that it dramatically reduces melee characters damage output.

#14 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:26 AM

If would be nice to have pdf's and eventually reprints on the other cards errata/FAQ notes misprinted - the Icy Stare talent and the insanity with "trait" printed instead of two circumstances (forget which now),

Rob

#15 mcv

mcv

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:54 AM

Fresnel said:

Actually we are finding Trollfeller Strike does more damage per round than the original Double Strike.

Using a 'Fast' weapon means Trollfeller can be used mostly every turn.

But you can't use it against everybody. Only against bigger opponents or when you're outnumbered (and I take this as meaning: you're going to lose!).

Using a "Fast" weapon with Trollfeller Strike feels wrong to me. I wouldn't mind an extra requirement that the weapon needs to be non-fast.

#16 Fresnel

Fresnel

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:14 PM

mcv said:

But you can't use it against everybody. Only against bigger opponents or when you're outnumbered (and I take this as meaning: you're going to lose!)

What percentage of opponents are bigger than a dwarf? A herd of snotling - then he's outnumbered. Hordes of hunchmen are rather common too. Really the occasions where he can't use Trollfeller are rare... 

#17 Fabs

Fabs

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:26 PM

I see Trollfeller Strike being 'active' when the Slayer realises he is fighting something that would purge his dishonour if he dies. That's when his excitment kicks in, and the action becomes available.

The wording on the card is ok for new GM's/players and those unfamilar with the world ... but it could have been better - creatures 10 foot tall, or outnumbered 3-1 by man-sized creatures (or something similar). The current wording implies that if 2 slayers fight, the shorter one gets an advantage :) But at the end of the day, I think that being a Slayer should be a role-playing choice, and such decisions should be determined by a roleplaying distinction (not necessarily a mechanical one)

#18 mcv

mcv

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 12:45 AM

Fresnel said:

What percentage of opponents are bigger than a dwarf? A herd of snotling - then he's outnumbered. Hordes of hunchmen are rather common too. Really the occasions where he can't use Trollfeller are rare... 

There's a lot of room for interpretation, and that's what GMs are for. I wouldn't let it count against a regular human. Just the name "Trollfeller" is a good hint that "bigger" is not a matter of a few inches in height. Trollfeller Strike is for killing trolls, giants and dragons.

In a similar way, I wouldn't say that 3 snotlings outnumber a single dwarf. 30 snotlings might. If you're in a group of 5 fighting a group of 6, you're not sufficiently outnumbered in my opinion. You actually have to feel outnumbered.

Although personally I think it'd make more sense if only size mattered. Fighting a very big opponent is very different from fighting a lot of opponents.

#19 mcv

mcv

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 12:47 AM

Fabs said:

I see Trollfeller Strike being 'active' when the Slayer realises he is fighting something that would purge his dishonour if he dies.

That's a really good description of how it could work. Thanks!

#20 Fresnel

Fresnel

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:09 AM

The 'Slayer' trait marked on the card is not a restriction. Non-slayers can use this card. Most humans/orcs are more than a 'few inches' taller than dwarfs... The meaning of outnumbered is also clear. (Number of opponents in engagement) > (Number of allies + you in engagement).

Placing a host of house rules on the card is your choice. However, the point is that, using a 'Fast' weapon, 'Trollfeller Strike' is as powerful (if not more so) than the original 'Double Strike' in RAW.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS