Photo

New to the game - Rule question about sealing a gate...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nezrel

Nezrel

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 03:29 PM

If I read things right, one can use a "Fight" or "Lore" modifier when attempting to close a gate initially.  If you have a card such as a pistol adding "+3" to a combat roll, does this +3 get added to the "Fight" modifier when the player attempts to close the gate??  Thanks in advance for any answers to this.  More questions to come I'm sure in the future, and I apologize if this has been asked already.

V/r
Nezrel

#2 thorgrim

thorgrim

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 03:55 PM

If an item, skill or other card states that it adds to combat checks (such as a pistol) it only adds to those that specifically state they are combat checks. If you have items, skills or other cards that state they add to fight checks (such as Tom "Mountain" Murphy, or the "Fight" skill) then they add to Fight and Combat checks (a combat check being a skill check using your fight value plus combat modifiers).

Since closing a gate states it is a Fight check, then no, you can't use Combat modifiers.

#3 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

Evil Rules Lawyer From Hell

• Members
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:32 AM

ditto to Thorgrim's comment

#4 Nezrel

Nezrel

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:45 AM

Thanks!  That is how I played it but wanted verification ;D   I sure appreciate the help.

V/r
Nezrel

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS