Photo

Kingsport and punishing a success role...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Innsmouth13

Innsmouth13

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:12 PM

Is it just me or do some of the kingsport cards seem to punish a good role.  One of the other world cards reads:

The Underworld

Nuguth-Yug demands homage be paid to Noden, his lord. Discard any number of clue tokens, then roll that many dice.  Your Sanity and Stamina are reduced to the number of successes you roll. If they are reduced to zero, or if you have no Clue tokens to discard, you are devoured.

I think there are other cards that screw investigators for successful roles but dont have time to hunt through the deck.

You think I suffer from insanity, I don't. I ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!

#2 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:46 PM

Innsmouth13 said:

Is it just me or do some of the kingsport cards seem to punish a good role.  One of the other world cards reads:

The Underworld

Nuguth-Yug demands homage be paid to Noden, his lord. Discard any number of clue tokens, then roll that many dice.  Your Sanity and Stamina are reduced to the number of successes you roll. If they are reduced to zero, or if you have no Clue tokens to discard, you are devoured.

I think there are other cards that screw investigators for successful roles but dont have time to hunt through the deck.

First, I suppose you meant to write 'roll', second, I guess you've been misreading the card:

Sanity and Stamina are set TO the number of successes, they are not decreased BY the number of successes.

#3 Innsmouth13

Innsmouth13

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:58 AM

Me and Cthulhu-damned typeos. Yeah I ment roll and now rereading that card for the 5th time I see what u mean.

You think I suffer from insanity, I don't. I ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!

#4 emperorshin

emperorshin

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:11 PM

Innsmouth13 said:

Me and Cthulhu-damned typeos. Yeah I ment roll and now rereading that card for the 5th time I see what u mean.

Yeah, great quote!!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS