What about interaction ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mistyk

Mistyk

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 04:19 AM

Hi there. I have never played dungeonquest before. My question is , what about player interaction if everyone plays alone, and players paths will not cross each other.

#2 Mind Robber

Mind Robber

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:33 AM

Ye there isnt much, you can block other characters paths as theyre not allowed to enter the same room as you.  On the way out (from the treasure chamber) you can ofcourse use other players paths in.

You basicaly got to 'observe' how well the other players are doing (how much danger they are in and how much treasure they have) and adjust your moves accordingly (i.e get the hell out of the castle......  )

#3 Mistyk

Mistyk

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:53 PM

if there isn't much interaction, then I hope player turn is very short. I will not waited 5 minutes doing nothing until my opponent finish his turn. I want to have lots of interaction. Interaction is heart of every game. Without interaction playing with friends will be the same as playing alone. World of Warcraft Boardgame also has the same problem. Great game with great mechanics but none interaction. This is very serious loss of fun for me. Maybe FFG will fix this problem.

#4 Pascalahad

Pascalahad

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:24 PM

There is very few character interaction, but as long as there is player interaction, it doesn't bother me.

Player turns are very short indeed, and very fun to watch (Ouch ! At least THAT didn't happen to ME !). So IMO it’s not a problem at all.

I have a friend who doesn’t like games without interaction (for example Race for the Galaxy), and he loves Dungeonquest.

#5 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:36 AM

There could well be more player v player interaction in this version!

Ell.

#6 Pascalahad

Pascalahad

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:26 AM

Do you have any info we don't have ?

This would be a major departure from the original game, which was hard enough the way it was conceived, player vs game, 15% survival rate.

I'm not against it if FFG manages to get a little more player interaction without changing the feel of the game. If anything, I have in fact complete faith in FFG's ability to provide great game rules.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS