The perfect dungeon-crawl!!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Frog

Frog

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:43 PM

I'm quite certain this game will go down as my all-time fave dungeon-crawler and fave FFG game!!!

You can play this sucker solo right out of the box!!!

The game also plays really fast unlike Descent which takes 6+ hours.

I love Terrinoth, especially Runebound so this game will gel really well with that! (it covers the one aspect Runebound does not...dungeon-crawls)

Thank you Fantasy Flight Games for realizing there is a need for a fast, challenging dungeon-crawl!!!

#2 Torbal

Torbal

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:23 PM

Right now I would choose DQ over the also-just-announced Runebound expansion, "Mists of  Zanaga." With a Terrinoth theme, and my always hoped-for RB dungeon expansion (but not Descent), DQ could also be the one I look forward to. Here's to hoping FFG's rendering of it will be what I anticipate!

#3 Hein99

Hein99

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:58 AM

Frog you're instant love for DQ is getting me all worked up for it!

Torbl! What's this you say? Runebound expansion... Mists of Zanaga!

Man I'm glad I checked out the forums today!

-Hein99 (aka The SegaDude)
TheSegaCollection

#4 blumax1981

blumax1981

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:39 AM

Is it really playable solo?  Arkham Horror says one player but it really cannot be done. Please don't get this old man's hopes up.

#5 Demodog

Demodog

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 06:37 AM

i have played the original swedish version alone many times and it works great as solo since you are competeing against the game itself (the game has a limited amount of times depending on how fast the sun sets).

#6 Poeppel

Poeppel

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:09 PM

In fact, even with more than one player it still is like a solo game, because there is no real interaction between the players. With three players e.g. you have three solo games. Only that you have some witness to your horrible death . But it is a great dungeon crawl if you wish for some fast paced game that might last 5 minutes or 1 hour max.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS