Photo

Coexistence battles: who is the attacker/defender?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kevin9793

kevin9793

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:02 PM

On page 24 of the rulebook, it says "For coexistence battles, the Traitor player is always the defender"

On page 40, in the glossary under Defender it says: "... (Exception: In coexistence battles, the Traitor player is always the attacker)"

Which is correct?

Also on page 40, in the glossary under Attacker it says: "...(Exception: In coexistence battles, the Imperial player is always the attacker)"

That's 2 out of 3 claiming the Traitor is always the defender so we've been playing that way but some official clarification would be nice.

-Kevin

#2 Tim Kelly

Tim Kelly

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:06 AM

FWIW, we've also been playing "Traitor is always defender".

TK

"...I was born game, and I intend to go out that way." -- Rooster Cogburn

#3 Ephraim

Ephraim

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:42 AM

Someone really needs to start a thread devoted to these kinds of things they find in the rules, so theyre all in one spot and can be easily found.  It will help FFG get a FAQ out.

Ive seen about 2-3 of these conflicts so far.

#4 Warhammer00

Warhammer00

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:53 AM

I myself would go with what is written in the rules vice the glossery. It just seems more official.

#5 Mr_Q

Mr_Q

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:11 PM

Page 40, under Attacker also says "in coexistence combat the Imperial player is always the attacker", which puts the conflicting rules 2-1 in favour of the Traitor player always being defender. :)

Where's the FAQ?

*EDIT* D'oh - you already said that. :P

#6 haslo

haslo

• Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:50 PM

I listened to a podcast once where they had an interview with the designer. He stated that the Imperial player is supposed to be the attacker, to give the traitor a tiny bit of an edge (because he gets to choose who is the active player first).

I don't remember which podcast that was though :-(

#7 Three Headed Monkey

Three Headed Monkey

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:28 PM

Yup, I remember that interview. It also has a review of the game as well. It was done by the D6 generation. Linky.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS