Psychihc Combat Module

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Saein_Eide

Saein_Eide

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 03:05 PM

So, I'm just a bit new at this,  And I was wondering If you had to take the Psychic Combat Module? Or as a mentalist is it useless? Cause 100Dp is nothing to scoff at, at least not at lvl. 1.

#2 Raybras

Raybras

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 05:49 PM

do you mean "psychic Projection module" if so, it is rather useless on mentalists unless you plan on using weapons with him.

#3 hellgeist

hellgeist

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 07:37 PM

Yep. The Psychic combat module is probably a worthwhile price to pay if the only psychic powers you are going to use are offensive (ie: your a Warrior-Mentalist), and you will have to develop both Attack skill and Psychic Projection. In the long run, you'd save DP because your able to use one skill for your two types of offense - your your full Attack score for physical attacks, and your base Attack score (minus any class bonus) for the psychic attacks.

I suppose you could call Tetsuo in the movie Akira an example of this; you'll notice that he would physically lash out with his kinetic ability (psychic combat module), which is much different than the style of say, Professor X of the X-men, who simply focuses his mind to use his power (classic Psychic projection).

#4 Saein_Eide

Saein_Eide

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 04:59 PM

Thanks for the Help!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS