spell question- enchant blade

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 darthmax

darthmax

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:02 PM

enchant blade says to play on "one of your weapons.the weapon is now considered a magic object "     can it be played on a magic object?    weve debated it and one side thinks the spells wording implies that it cant be cast on a magic object and the other thinks its saying that if it wasnt magic before, it is now.  the psell just says " on a weapon ", so it seems to me that  that is all the info you need. 

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,292 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 01:36 AM

I think the FAQ has this exact question and it says yes (at work so can't check).

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:56 AM

Dam's right, the FAQ have this question (page 5) and say you're allowed to cast it on a Magic Weapon too.

Too bad there's only one copy of this Spell in the entire deck!

#4 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:32 AM

Question: does the enchant blade spell stay on the weapon card?

so.. the weapon is considered as a magic object during the whole game...?

#5 darthmax

darthmax

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:21 AM

Velhart said:

so.. the weapon is considered as a magic object during the whole game...?

yes, it stays on the weapon

#6 goodek

goodek

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

so it modifies an object (or a magical object) that's a weapon but:

DOES THE MODIFIED OBJECT REMAIN A WEAPON or is it just an object? can you i.e. use another weapon along with the object under the enchanted blad spell during a battle or does it exclude the possibility?

#7 zealot12

zealot12

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

Magic Objects can be Weapons or Armor. Just like regular Objects. For instance, an Axe is a Weapon. That's the subclass of the object.

If you cast Enchant blade on the Axe its bonus in Battle is augmented according to the spell and it turns into a Magic Object which is of the Weapon subclass. The Runesword, for example is a Magic Object which is also a Weapon.

That means any limitations that pertain to Objects that are Weapons or Armor remain. Such as you can only use one Weapon and one  Armor in combat. 

Unless you're the Warrior who can use two Weapons in battle.

#8 frogemoth

frogemoth

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

darthmax said:

Velhart said:

so.. the weapon is considered as a magic object during the whole game…?

yes, it stays on the weapon

Interesting, I don't think this is written on the spell card. We always played as any other spells, once cast it is discarded in the discard pile. This will remove situation where this spell is cast then followed by spell call which results in a +2 str weapon.

Also keep in mind that this spell can be cast on any weapon (unless I am mistaken), so if you have the spellblade for example you can enchant it so that it now add a +1 str as well as +1 craft.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS