The Minstrel

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 8janek8

8janek8

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:59 AM

Can I ditch beguiled Animal? If so, what's then? And the Mesmerism Spell, does it have any effect on this Follower-Animal?

Thanks,

janek

#2 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:44 AM

8janek8 said:

Can I ditch beguiled Animal? If so, what's then? And the Mesmerism Spell, does it have any effect on this Follower-Animal?

I don't know what might've changed for this character in the "revised" edition, but the standard state the Minstrel can only "charm" one animal per game. So why would you want to ditch it?

According to terminology, though the charmed animal is treated as a follower, it does not bear the label "Follower." In the past, that has been the determining factor; mesmerism only works on followers that are labeled "Followers."

Isn't ambigous wording fun? Sometimes the only way to settle it is to be literal... unless everyone can agreed on a house rule.

#3 FatPob

FatPob

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:12 AM

The minstrel charm was always contested strongly in the past, was the charmed animal a follower, if so would it be affected by cards/spells that affect followers.

In general unless it specifically says Follower on the card, it can not be affected by spells, abilities, board spaces or cards that targetted followers.

ie it could not be sacrificed to save life in the inner region, nor whould they need to roll to cross charm etc.

Not sure if Hag's curse is still there, as this used to only target Followers

So to answer your point No, once you have charmed the creature you can not lose it.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS