Photo

Is there a map of the Wastelands anywhere? What are the two rivers named?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:46 PM

To you experts:  I need a wasteland map and need to know what the two rivers on the map are called.  Any feedback?

Map here: 

#2 jadrax

jadrax

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:37 PM

There are several detailed maps in Dying of the Light.

#3 schoon

schoon

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:15 PM

You can find a great many maps here.

#4 Aldred Fellblade

Aldred Fellblade

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 03:10 AM

I think Emrikol is referring to the two rivers depicted in the part of the Wasteland  bordering Nordland, which to the best of my knowledge haven't been named in official sources (DotL isn't set in that region of the Wasteland).

#5 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 03:19 AM

Correct.  I'm talking about the two northeast rivers in The Wasteland (one of the rivers goes through the "W").

DotL doesn't really even cover the wasteland.  It covers lands south of Marienburg.

I'd like to get a couple references to something obscure in official info or novels and build a particular scenario from there.

Thanks,

jh

#6 jadrax

jadrax

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:14 AM

Crisis in Marienburg has the top one named the Demst and the lower one the Shaukel - no clue if those names are official or made up though.

#7 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:30 AM

Demst would be incorrect, as that river is the one that runs through Hargendorf and Schlaghugel.  If they're not named, I'm going to name them after myself ;)

jh

#8 keltheos

keltheos

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:15 AM

I have some 1E and 2E marienburg specific stuff (not TTT) that might name them. I'll get back to you by tomorrow

#9 Aldred Fellblade

Aldred Fellblade

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:39 AM

Emirikol said:

DotL doesn't really even cover the wasteland.  It covers lands south of Marienburg.

I can assure you that DotL is indeed set in the 'lands south of Marienburg' which is undeniably in the Wasteland (all the way up to the March of Couronne).

#10 Gallows

Gallows

• Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:32 AM

Aldred Fellblade said:

Emirikol said:

I can assure you that DotL is indeed set in the 'lands south of Marienburg' which is undeniably in the Wasteland (all the way up to the March of Couronne).

But it still doesn't answer his question.

I have all source books for 1st and second ed. and as far as I know they haven't been named. I'll try to look through some of my books, but I think they are unnamed. On some maps they are not there at all.

EDIT: Just checked Marienburg - sold down the river and they don't seem to exist. I have checked all my maps and that map is the only one I have that shows those rivers. They may or may not be there, but I don't think they have an official name.

River Emerikol is it 

#11 monkeylite

monkeylite

• Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:26 AM

Gallows said:

River Emerikol is it 

Emmer-Rijk is Wastelander for 'Reik Bucket.' I think that's a good enough etymology to make it Emirikol.

#12 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:40 AM

Well when you guys do figure it out, please let me know so i can add it to the Super Huge Detailed Map of the Warhammer Old World so we never have this problem again.

BTW the full color version is nearing completion.  MANY upgrades from the B&W version. 

Game on,

Gitzman

#13 Gallows

Gallows

• Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:21 AM

Gitzman said:

Well when you guys do figure it out, please let me know so i can add it to the Super Huge Detailed Map of the Warhammer Old World so we never have this problem again.

BTW the full color version is nearing completion.  MANY upgrades from the B&W version. 

Game on,

Gitzman

What you do with those maps Gitzman is beyond brilliant! I hope the guy who made the interactive old world map will use your new colour version as well :)

#14 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:17 AM

That other guy and I are working together.  I've made the map, he helped me with the Google Maps API code.  I am in talks with him already to help slice up the new map to convert the B&W version to color.

Gitz

#15 Gallows

Gallows

• Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:54 AM

Gitzman said:

That other guy and I are working together.  I've made the map, he helped me with the Google Maps API code.  I am in talks with him already to help slice up the new map to convert the B&W version to color.

Gitz

Would it be possible to make an offline version you could download - of the google map that is?

#16 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:13 AM

No i cant do that unfortunatly.  The PDF version works pretty well though, you can zoom in and out easily.  Not ideal i know.

Gitz

#17 Gallows

Gallows

• Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:54 AM

Ahh ok. It's just the route planning is quite cool on the interactive one :)

#18 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:03 AM

Indeed.

I'll be folding that functionality into the color map once its completed as well.  I'm so close, but there is so much still to do =)

Gitz

#19 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:06 AM

There must be something wrong with the view counter of this thread.  Can it really have been viewed nearly 10,000 times when all other threads are around 150?

Gitz

#20 Gallows

Gallows

• Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:09 AM

Gitzman said:

There must be something wrong with the view counter of this thread.  Can it really have been viewed nearly 10,000 times when all other threads are around 150?

Gitz

yeah that seems a bit off... or perhaps it just means that everyone is really awaiting your new colour map 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS