My local game group is just starting to get into the game and as far as starters go we've all got the Set 1 book. Unfortunately, some people have characters from later sets and some of the rules on them (and even first wave figs) are a bit confusing.
1. Fall Angel Ophiel's first attack is ranged. A) Does this attack do damage when it hits or does it only have the chance to blind?
2. When something says "Difficulty +#" what does that mean?
3. Special Dodge abilies like Akio's Magical Shield - Do you just get the +5 defense or do you still get the D10 as well? If you get both do you pay only for the ability or the ability AND a dodge?
4. I noticed someone talking about Free Movements being reactive and that they can be used during an opponents activation to move out of range of their ranged attack as they declare it but before they roll. Is this true?
5. Tsubasa Kurkami has an ability called Ennetsu Jigoku. How does this work? What is a special counter and how do you "Archive" a special dodge?
1.- It do damage (what´s more it doesn´t have the chance to blind if it don´t do any damage).
2.- It means you need to roll a dice and obtain # or more for the ability to succeed (after you paid her cost but before executing her effects).
3.- Your have to roll the D10 and add a +5, as said in the ability it´s a dodge so Akio can dodge normally or with his special ability (what i mean is that you don´t have to pay 1 additional action point).
4.- It´s easy to get confused with the free movement rule, you have to think that it can´t be used when someone declares an attack. It´s more develloped here.
5.- It works like a counter:
- Tsubasa receives a mellee attack.
- He declares special counter Ennetsu (spending 3 action points and 2 life points on the process).
- The attacker rolls the attack dice (let´s say it hits).
- Tsubasa rolls the counter dice (let´s say he succesfully dodge the attack).
- Now Tsubasa can attack his oponent because he dodged an attack doing a counter, in this attack he will have: a -2 attack modifier because it´s a counter, and a +4 Attack +3 Damage because of the ability -> it´ll be an attack at 7/7.
Hope it helps