A Change of Seasons available?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 bloodycelt

bloodycelt

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:34 AM

I noticed you can buy it from their store now... anyone have it yet?

~ Has the community atrophied to the point where we don't have the drooling "SPOILERS PLEASE" thread anymore? :-P

#2 jmccarthy

jmccarthy

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:46 AM

Spoilers please?

*drool everywhere*

#3 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,184 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:28 AM

Well, we got 3 spoilers (or 15% of the pack) from FFG. If people are jaded about anything, I think it's release dates, not cards. Anyway, the Core Set is probably still being digested by a lot of players - especially those who were not at Gencon.

You also have to notice that board traffic (and personalities) have changed with the move the new boards. We said earlier that the community was going to have to change significantly in the new LCG era; the move to the new boards and the "early rotation" accelerated that. So it's hard to compare today's community response to even that you might have seen 2 months ago. It's a whole new clam bake around here.

#4 LordofBrewtown

LordofBrewtown

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:33 AM

ktom said:

It's a whole new clam bake around here.

~So, the player base has turned 180 from that of sausage fest?  

#5 greybinder

greybinder

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:49 AM

i know that in PDX we are down to an unenthusiastic 2.  We have only played once since GenCon and even that was somewhat neutered...ha, we are dogs.

aloha,

greybinder

#6 bloodycelt

bloodycelt

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:56 AM

ktom said:

Well, we got 3 spoilers (or 15% of the pack) from FFG. If people are jaded about anything, I think it's release dates, not cards. Anyway, the Core Set is probably still being digested by a lot of players - especially those who were not at Gencon.

You also have to notice that board traffic (and personalities) have changed with the move the new boards. We said earlier that the community was going to have to change significantly in the new LCG era; the move to the new boards and the "early rotation" accelerated that. So it's hard to compare today's community response to even that you might have seen 2 months ago. It's a whole new clam bake around here.

The ~ means I'm joking, I was actaully hoping Jerusalem Jones would comment on the availability, since he usually gets them before anyone else.

#7 jmccarthy

jmccarthy

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:12 AM

ktom said:

You also have to notice that board traffic (and personalities) have changed with the move the new boards.

Its true. I've changed my own personality in accordance with the shift to LCG.

#8 finitesquarewell

finitesquarewell

• Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:04 AM

and i'm more or less new, so... no change in personality required, i guess. ha

#9 Lars

Lars

• Members
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:06 AM

LordofBrewtown said:

ktom said:

It's a whole new clam bake around here.

~So, the player base has turned 180 from that of sausage fest?  

glad i was not drinking anything when i read this...i'm out of windex

couple that with a Greybinder sighting and this is the funnest thread on the new boards!!

If i remember right, the website tends to put the packs on sale when FFG ships to distributors so it might still be a few days before they are in stores.

#10 Jolt

Jolt

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 02:39 PM

I have my core set; and 3 chapter packs.

Happy..... Waiting on Change of Seasons release hope stores here get the goods...NC

Jolt

#11 Kennon

Kennon

• Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 02:40 PM

In other words, "No one cares anymore?" :P

#12 CATS

CATS

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:23 PM

I would love to see the new cards, but I have yet to get Summer/Winter packs, so...

#13 Twn2dn

Twn2dn

• Members
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:11 AM

I've been anxiously awaiting new spoilers--I've gone hunting on FFG's and Tzumainn's site several times just to make sure I didn't miss anything. That said, I'm not usually the one to start such a thread, I will however chime in on one. If that's what this thread has become then "FFG, please post a new spoiler!"

By the way, my hope is that there's some sort of location discard in there. I doubt it will happen, but an alternative to Warhorn would be very well received. Also, a couple more plots would be pretty hot, considering most of them rotated with the shift to LCG.

#14 Stag Lord

Stag Lord

• Members
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:34 AM

That doesn't really affect you though - given the torunament formats in the Northeast for the next six to eight months.

#15 bloodycelt

bloodycelt

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 06:58 AM

I will find it incredibly odd if I get the chapter packs before the Meta Sota folks who usually post the spoilers upon opening the packs.

#16 Lars

Lars

• Members
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:27 AM

bloodycelt said:

I will find it incredibly odd if I get the chapter packs before the Meta Sota folks who usually post the spoilers upon opening the packs.

you mean like JJ does here, http://new.fantasyfl...d=4&efidt=25674 ?

#17 bloodycelt

bloodycelt

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:06 AM

Yay.... go meta sota!

#18 Potomac Distribution

Potomac Distribution

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:12 AM

We have Change of Seasons Chapter Packs in stock now and ready to ship.

http://www.potomacdist.com/list.asp?code=1190&r=9001

#19 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:14 AM

Might as well...

so do we. And  we ship too. But we can't match Potomic's prices. But we can do singles...

#20 jmccarthy

jmccarthy

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:29 PM

Do you have a website for GoTh singles, or just in person?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS