Photo

Magic Grows Stronger >> Announcing Winds of Magic for WFRP!

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 ynnen

ynnen

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:14 AM

Another of the cryptic shadows hinted at earlier by Grey Wizard Gavius Klugge in our Shifting Through Shadows preview has revealed itself – I’m pleased to announce the upcoming Winds of Magic supplement for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay.

Click here to read the rest of the announcement.

#2 Gallows

Gallows

• Members
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:18 AM

VERY nice! You're doing very well with this third edition!

#3 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:26 AM

Good thing.

jh

#4 Lexicanum

Lexicanum

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:37 AM

Yay! Fantastic.

Now, I suppose we'll have to wait for the Priest expansion. :P

#5 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:56 AM

Will we see it befor summer vacations? I do hope so, can't wait to read more about the magic nad to see some more new spells. It sounds like a new, big and really great supplement.

Like I said befor I will said it agian - the WFRP 3ed grows stronger with every new expansion! Thank FFG nas special thanks to Jay Little and his crew for such a great work they doing.

#6 Sunatet

Sunatet

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:01 AM

Aaaaaah, FRESH MEAT !!

- all colleges of magic

- corruption and mutations

- demons

- and even adventure

Now thats something worth waiting for

#7 ynnen

ynnen

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:28 AM

Over the next few weeks I'll be spoiling additional details... perhaps a look at the new corruption & mutation rules... maybe the design of the different College spell themes and mechanics... hopefully you'll all stay tuned to find out!

#8 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:41 AM

ynnen said:

Over the next few weeks I'll be spoiling additional details... perhaps a look at the new corruption & mutation rules... maybe the design of the different College spell themes and mechanics... hopefully you'll all stay tuned to find out!

I know i will stay :). Can't wait for more details, thanks Jay!

#9 Cynical Cat

Cynical Cat

• Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:03 AM

Elf wizard careers please.

#10 Lexicanum

Lexicanum

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:30 AM

ynnen said:

Is there some Speed Ordering system you can implement and just debit our bank accounts directly and send the supplements over quicker? ;)

#11 keltheos

keltheos

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:38 AM

Lexicanum said:

ynnen said:

Is there some Speed Ordering system you can implement and just debit our bank accounts directly and send the supplements over quicker? ;)

+1

#12 keltheos

keltheos

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:16 AM

Although I can't be more excited about this item, I looked at the Upcoming page and saw this:

"Expected by: summer '10"

Which is disappointing. I was hoping sooner than 'somewhere between June and August'.

#13 UncleArkie

UncleArkie

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:20 PM

I doubt we will see elf magic in this one, that would be much better suited for a suplement dedicated to the pointyeared ones. Seeing the rest of the colleges along with higher ranking careers is going to be interesting.

#14 mac40k

mac40k

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:20 AM

Since this will contain spells from all 8 colleges, I presume this will also contain the basic and intermediate career sheets for the other colleges as well, but what about advanced careers for all colleges? Will they be in here as well or are we waiting on a later supplement for those?

#15 Zagor

Zagor

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:37 AM

The only problem i can see with that is there simply isn't another career which can compete with the power of a master wizard...

Depends how ingrained into high society they want to go - if its ok to be a wizard lord then surely its ok to be a high ranking Knight of the White Wolf or somesuch..?

#16 Lexicanum

Lexicanum

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:05 AM

I didn't see anything about careers in the description, and the wizard careers in the Core Set are not bound to a particular college. It would be great to get advanced wizard career sheets like Wizard, Battle Wizard, Master Wizard, and Wizard Lord, but I'm not sure if we'll be getting those.

From what has been released I'm expecting to get 5 additional Order talent cards for the remaining 5 Colleges.

#17 Cynical Cat

Cynical Cat

• Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:48 AM

UncleArkie said:

I doubt we will see elf magic in this one, that would be much better suited for a suplement dedicated to the pointyeared ones. Seeing the rest of the colleges along with higher ranking careers is going to be interesting.

Look. 

There are four playable races.

Three of them can cast spells.

Only one of them has any magical careers.

Not all high elven magicians, let alone all elves, use high magic.  Plenty of them use colour magic. 

To not have any elven spellcasting careers at all after the main set, the GM's pack, the adventurers pack, and a supplement dedicated to magic is beyond ridiculous.

#18 monkeylite

monkeylite

• Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:59 AM

Cynical Cat said:

UncleArkie said:

Look. 

There are four playable races.

Three of them can cast spells.

Only one of them has any magical careers.

Not all high elven magicians, let alone all elves, use high magic.  Plenty of them use colour magic. 

To not have any elven spellcasting careers at all after the main set, the GM's pack, the adventurers pack, and a supplement dedicated to magic is beyond ridiculous.

Why not just give the elf the human wizard career if you just want an elf with colour magic?

#19 PanzerKraken

PanzerKraken

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:36 AM

The lack of magic for the other races is dissapointing.  We already got some of these orders covered in main set, so now were going to just get more for those plus the others?

The games obsession with the Empire focused stuff is killing it for our group.  And a Summer release also dampens excitement as with all things FFG, delays are inevitable it seems and any more content is far off.

Now this of course is a MUCH better addition to the game than the stupid gathering storm set which looks like a giant waste of time, or the dissapointing GM tool kit.  THIS should have come out right after the main box set, along with the excellent Adventurer's tool kit.

The releases have created a large gap of MEATY releases for the game.  Since it's debut we have gotten mostly just fluff pieces and now we wait till Summer for something of actual use?  Hopefully releases pick up for this game and move into more important territory and not waste more time with campaign sets.

#20 morskittar

morskittar

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:22 AM

Cynical Cat said:

Elf wizard careers please.

There's an elf on the cover.  I'll bet we see High Elf apprentice or trainee careers in here.  Perhaps Wood Elves too (as they're pretty much just Jade and Amber wizards).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS