Quick question on "rounds"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 infinihedron

infinihedron

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:15 PM

Having just read the rules for this beautiful monster I did come across one point I'd like to have clarified:

Does a "round" consist of the active player taking only one action then move on to the next "round?"

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,284 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:13 PM

That was the impression I got from my (so far) one read-through.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 Mormacar

Mormacar

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:39 PM

I would understand the rules in the same way.

#4 haslo

haslo

• Members
  • 582 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:29 AM

Have a look at the rules page 14, where a round is defined:

"The current player – that is, the player said to have initiative – does not change during a round. The identity of the current player is only determined at the beginning of a round.

In each round, the following steps are carried out:

1. ACTION STEP
2. ADVANCE INITIATIVE MARKER STEP
3. CHANGE OF INITIATIVE STEP (IF NECESSARY)
4. RESOLVE SPECIAL PHASES STEP (IF NECESSARY)

A new round begins immediately when the previous round is completed."

So if you want a round that only consists of one action and nothing else, that's possible, if the current player decides to execute a zero-cost order from his hand (as that'd mean step 2 has no effect, and steps 3 and 4 are skipped). Either way, every new action also means the start of a new round, whether it's carried out by the same player as the last one or the opponent.

Imperials: 13 TIE Fighter, 5 TIE Advanced, 15 TIE Interceptor, 4 Slave I, 6 TIE Bomber, 5 Lambda Shuttle, 3 TIE Defender, 4 TIE Phantom

Rebels: 1 Tantive IV, 1 Rebel Transport, 7 X-Wing, 5 Y-Wing, 4 YT-1300, 6 A-Wing, 5 B-Wing, 5 HWK-290, 6 Z-95, 3 E-Wing

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS