Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:25 AM

Where is this place in the old world?

jh

#2 cronevald

cronevald

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:13 AM

The New World, which at the time of publication looked a lot like the Old World.  Remember that "Blood Bath..." was published in 1985 and the model ranges were a bit limited at the time.

from page 5:

"Far in the north west of the New World, beyond the lands of the Dark Elves but standing before the borders of the Northern Chaos Wastes, the Goblin Wars of Ramalia had come to their bitter end at last.  An uneasy alliance between the colonial principalities of Elves, Dwarves and Men had united under the banner of the Half-Elf Laeron.  This mighty warlord from the Old World had lead them to victory against the invading Orc and Goblin hordes that came swarming from their nests beneath the Ramalian mountains of the Northern Wastes."

#3 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 4,790 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:51 AM

So are we talking Alaska or Kamchatka?

jh

#4 cronevald

cronevald

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:04 PM

I'd guess somewhere inland in North America.  The campaign book really doesn't include any more specific details.

#5 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:11 PM

In current edition it could look a lot like Borderlandish.

The Daily Empire - An inspirational & resource site for all games of Warhammer

The Guild Blog - A blog about RPGs, games (and apparently comics) by my gaming group

#6 superklaus

superklaus

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:44 AM

Definately not on the traditional warhammer world. With alot handwavium it could be borderlands but best is to let it be seperate.

BTW: nice map style. I like it better than the standard warhammer maps.

#7 Bindlespin

Bindlespin

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:08 AM

yup, i like the style too. it looks more like a magnamund map.

#8 cronevald

cronevald

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:45 AM

I fondly remember a time when that was the standard for Warhammer maps.  Dave Andrews' style was a bit rough and unrefined but it really helped to capture the flavor of the the setting for me.  Same with Gary Chalk who did a lot of illustrations for those old campaign sets.

#9 Bindlespin

Bindlespin

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:16 PM

Zee kor hezaa kuz hoki narg.

#10 cronevald

cronevald

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:51 AM

platinumsword.kocisz.com/maps/citadel_map.jpg

Found a map showing Ramalia and Orc's Drift.  It's in the upper left corner here.  It's funny as I've seen this map many times before but never noticed that detail.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS