Blessing of valaya.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 badgertheking

badgertheking

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:50 PM

Am I right in thinking the player who plays the card gets to redirect the damage back to the other player?

#2 Shindulus

Shindulus

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:03 PM

Blessing of Valaya

Spell. Rune.

Action : The next 2 damage dealt to one target unit are redirected to another target unit

The owner of any target unit is not designated, so you can do as you want, even redirect damage from one of your opponent unit to one of yours.

#3 grille

grille

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:19 AM

Yes we also understand and play it as the foreposter stated.

I'm sorry to disturb the topic but i think it's a similar theme.

I have a question to the dwarf tactic Stubborn Refusal (Action: Move all damage from one target unit to another target unit in any player's corresponding zone.)

It says only damage so I could play this card in the action window after damage has been assigned but not yet applied or after any tactic that damaged my unit?

#4 Shindulus

Shindulus

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:24 AM

"Moving" damage only refers to damage allready applied (tokens on unit card), and it bypasses cancellation effects.

#5 Xytop

Xytop

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:42 AM

Another question about Blessing of valaya.

Is it correct that Blessing of Valaya will stay in play until the units leaves play or it takes 2 damage? Because the card doesnt say, that the effect will end at the end of the turn. If so, what happens when only 1 damage is dealt to this unit? Does the tactic leave the play or should you use a counter to indicate that now it only redirects 1 more damage?

#6 Mister Mask

Mister Mask

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:50 AM

Xytop said:

Another question about Blessing of valaya.

Is it correct that Blessing of Valaya will stay in play until the units leaves play or it takes 2 damage? Because the card doesnt say, that the effect will end at the end of the turn. If so, what happens when only 1 damage is dealt to this unit? Does the tactic leave the play or should you use a counter to indicate that now it only redirects 1 more damage?

good question, in other games when not specified, effects lasts till end of the turn, but in Warhammer it could not be.

#7 Tobogan

Tobogan

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:35 AM

Probably last until all damage is redicerted or until game designers errates it.

#8 Artemus Maximus

Artemus Maximus

• Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:39 AM

i suppose too it would stay in effect until those two damage are dealt. Never ran into this problem as i've always played and seen it played after defenders are decalared ... but if played in response to a sniping action for 1 damage, i'd guess it would hang around until the next damage is dealt.

I wouldnt be surprised if It would be clarified to meaning "the next [up to] 2 damage dealt",  and that its effect last til end of turn to simplify and avoid having effects pending and having to remember & account for in future turns.

#9 dormouse

dormouse

LCG Designer

• Members
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:06 AM

Send it to James.                                                                                                                                                    

"words are like arrows, once loosened you cannot call them back"

#10 Xytop

Xytop

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:23 AM

Finally got an answer from James about the question, if the effect of Blessing of Valaya last longer then just one turn.

Hi,

Unless otherwise stated, card effects will end at the end of the turn.
This means that Blessing of Valaya's effect will end at the end of the
turn.

Hope this helps

James

#11 dormouse

dormouse

LCG Designer

• Members
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:36 AM

Good to know. Simple and understandable.

"words are like arrows, once loosened you cannot call them back"

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS