LCG=AWESOME!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 KarlRebeck

KarlRebeck

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:00 PM

I dont know if I'm the only one out there that loves LCGS? They are such a great idea, I dont know how much money I have thrown away on games like dragon ball z and magic, it is such an innovative idea and you know what you need to make the best deck! and did I mention the money you can save?? give me a hell yea!  

#2 The_Big_Show

The_Big_Show

• Members
  • 649 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:43 AM

I agree but I do really miss the randomness and excitment of opening booster packs.

#3 Madduxx

Madduxx

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:55 AM

The_Big_Show said:

I agree but I do really miss the randomness and excitment of opening booster packs.

Personally, I always found on paper this sounds good, but the investment smarts and actual joy/reward received was rare. I can't imagine ever picking CCG over LCG.

#4 Lars

Lars

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:58 AM

not only that, but the excitment was greatly over shadowed by opening crap rare packs...i just spend $3.50 for this?!!?!

#5 Madduxx

Madduxx

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:06 AM

I'd add... I also believe LCGs are a way back into card gaming for many previous CCG players. Personally, I was done with CCGs even if I will admit it missed it. I simply couldn't justify the expense. Now that LCG's are an option I'm immediately back playing and craving more. The limitations I have now are more time based and schedule driven (coordinating with other players). I've also sucked in 4-5 more of my friends that were in the same situation and also excited about the LCG format.

#6 The_Big_Show

The_Big_Show

• Members
  • 649 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:35 AM

Lars said:

not only that, but the excitment was greatly over shadowed by opening crap rare packs...i just spend $3.50 for this?!!?!

That never bothered me because I could always trade what I didn't want with someone else. I can't do that under the LCG format.

#7 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:03 AM

The_Big_Show said:

That never bothered me because I could always trade what I didn't want with someone else. I can't do that under the LCG format.

Why not? I'd totally trade cards from Asylum Packs that don't interest me to get more cards of the ones I only have one copy of.

#8 The_Big_Show

The_Big_Show

• Members
  • 649 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:23 PM

jhaelen said:

The_Big_Show said:

Why not? I'd totally trade cards from Asylum Packs that don't interest me to get more cards of the ones I only have one copy of.

Because everyone has the cards under the LCG format, especially now that they are going 3 of each card in a pack. I'm notm complaining because it saves a lot of money but it means that an entire aspect of collectable card gaming goes out the window.

#9 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:53 AM

I absolutely prefer the LCG format to any other format I've tried.

If you compare card pools, you have (surprosingly) more otions here than in any other Card Game...

Then, each player has the same chance to be a "T1" player.

Lots of pepole started playin' because of the LCG transition...Low budget but still wonderfull aestetics makes these games absolutely better than most of other card games out there.

#10 tssfulk

tssfulk

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:12 PM

Madduxx said:

I'd add... I also believe LCGs are a way back into card gaming for many previous CCG players. Personally, I was done with CCGs even if I will admit it missed it. I simply couldn't justify the expense. Now that LCG's are an option I'm immediately back playing and craving more. The limitations I have now are more time based and schedule driven (coordinating with other players). I've also sucked in 4-5 more of my friends that were in the same situation and also excited about the LCG format.

You just described me. I vowed to never CCG again. CoC's LCG format fits me perfectly. Although I must admit that I buy Mythos cards from time to time since they are cheap. Other than that I'm CCG-clean. :-)

#11 Doc Belmont

Doc Belmont

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:25 AM

I think that the LCG is the most brilliant invention ever devised. I left CCGs because I got sick of trying to collect all of the cards. It's far better for my hobby OCD to be able to buy one of every pack and have everything.

LCGs are also recession-friendly.

#12 Vondur

Vondur

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:16 AM

I have yet to make the transition from Cthulhu CCG to the LCG, but agree that this new format sounds great. So often Magic The Gathering was about 'whoever spent the most money ordering rare cards online wins'. FFG fixed this problem with Call of Cthulhu by eliminating the connection between rare and powerful cards. Fetch Stick, anyone? But again, it was still a CCG that involved either trading, buying tons of boosters, or buying individual cards online.

Anyway, I love how this new LCG format levels the playing field even further. Now everyone has easy access to all the same cards. Awesome. It just helps to make the game rely more on skill, and less on money.

#13 chrassos

chrassos

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:07 PM

Vondur said:

It just helps to make the game rely more on skill, and less on money.

I totally agree.

and infact opening a chapterpack is almost the same fun as opening a boosterpack!!!

the only difference is that you open just one and already get all cards!!!!

How could this be lame????

its fantastic. its brilliant!!!

i love LCG´s. 

#14 The Old Man

The Old Man

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:09 AM

The_Big_Show said:

jhaelen said:

The_Big_Show said:

Because everyone has the cards under the LCG format, especially now that they are going 3 of each card in a pack. I'm notm complaining because it saves a lot of money but it means that an entire aspect of collectable card gaming goes out the window.

I'd rather focus on playability than collecting.

#15 Penfold

Penfold

• Members
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:31 AM

^^This +1^^

#16 N0rdicNinja

N0rdicNinja

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:42 AM

Couldn't agree more! I dropped MTG (the only card game I've ever been into) a little over a year ago because I couldn't keep up with my hyper competitive friends. They were spending hundreds of dollars every time a new set came out to get everything they needed and I was just simply outclassed by them. Going to my FLGS wasn't any better as most of the people who hang out there are just as competitive as my friends if not worse and they're generally far more bloodthirsty about it. The game just became un-fun because I didn't have the $$$ to win a game.

This LCG format on the other hand has got me pumped! =)

#17 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:52 AM

LCG's are much easier to collect that is for sure. In about a year I went from starting AGoT to owning every single card for the game. No other CCG other than the short lived Ophidian 2350 can I ever have said that about.

#18 BioDio

BioDio

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:59 AM

I joined yesterday when I found LotR LCG, I'm not a huge fan of LotR but the reason I'm buying it it's because... lol... I DON'T BUY BOOSTER PACKS!! I might even get a rare card, but to get to it I would've needed to spend a LOT of money I mean A LOT!! And I needed to continue buying boosters to be a real T1 player... ... and that sucks a little =x now with LCG what matters is skill and not money...

Besides, I will be able to play singleplayer with LotR when I don't have a friend around, and that gives more value to the package, you can test your deck before playing with a friend.

This concept is so awesome it's hard to believe =D I stopped playing my card games because of the money, now I can have fun all the time only wasting 15€ a month instead of 30€+ with random cards....

#19 The_Audiophile

The_Audiophile

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:48 AM

Distributed like DBGs, but they play like CCGs, nothing but awesomeness in my book.

#20 tjmk

tjmk

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:49 AM

The only problem with LCGs is that some of my favorite games aren't. :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS