Magic levels

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cwhttiger

cwhttiger

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:46 AM

I am new to Anima.  In fact just picked up the book 3 days ago.  Dose anyone have any good ideas on magic progression.  I.E. they talk about not letting mystic templates start with full magic levels and letting gain them over time.  So like how many magic levels would one get per lvl they go up?

#2 ilovecheese1

ilovecheese1

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:24 AM

cwhttiger said:

I am new to Anima.  In fact just picked up the book 3 days ago.  Dose anyone have any good ideas on magic progression.  I.E. they talk about not letting mystic templates start with full magic levels and letting gain them over time.  So like how many magic levels would one get per lvl they go up?

They have a decently explained way of doing this in the GM toolkit. It would be dependent on whether the character was purely a mystic archetype or a mixed archetype (basically a wizard vs wiz. mentalist or warlock), if they are the former, they get more magic level progression and better spending of their path levels than any mixed archetype. It also recommends for a medium supernatural campaign that you limit path levels to 1/2 the "max path levels" listed in the core book for their int value, and their maximum path levels that they can have in one path is 50 (this includes natural knowledge of a path advantage). once they level up the character should gain a higher max path level and more path levels to spend from their initial total. If the character decides to increase his INT score, he has a larger total and therefore increases his progression.

EG i have a wizard mentalist and a wizard at level one, both have int 10, so they both would have 50 path levels to spend if i did not balance them.

i will use the rules from the GM toolkit so they will both have 25 levels to spend on any path, or to split between multiple paths. at level 2, neither of them decide to up their int, so they both have the same path level total as before. However, because they leveled up, they get a larger percent of their total to spend. The wizard will now be able to spend 35 of his 50 path levels (since he spent 25 before at creation, he essentially gets 10) and the wizard mentalist will have 30 to spend (essentially gaining 5). In addition the max ranks they can have in any one path is increased, the wizards to 60 and the wiz mentalist's to 55.

#3 cwhttiger

cwhttiger

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:44 AM

Thank you for the info... I am going to be running Anima since i am the only one that has a book at this time. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS