How are the units differentiated?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 RexGator

RexGator

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 01:58 PM

I was curious how the miniatures are identified as being Red, Blue or Green units?  Is it:

1.  By different sculpts.

2. By different color of plastic.  Which could be a problem if you wanted to paint the figures.

3. Do they have colored bases?  I noticed that new Napoleonics game has different color bases and I notice the teaser for this game lists 138 figures and bases.

#2 RexGator

RexGator

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:47 PM

Shameless bump.  Anybody know how they are going to distinguish red, blue and green units?

#3 juan-agustin

juan-agustin

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:05 AM

I guess with banners, as in Battelore.

In this picture (from The Hopeless Gamer) of the contets of the box says that there are Banner poles and Unit banners

#4 RexGator

RexGator

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:07 PM

Interesting, I have never played battlelore so i was not familiar with how that worked.  Did you notice that the box describes 36 banner poles but 86 unit banners?

#5 pomakli

pomakli

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:43 PM

RexGator said:

Did you notice that the box describes 36 banner poles but 86 unit banners?

Hi!

Maybe, there will be not more than 36 units in any scenario!

BR

#6 juan-agustin

juan-agustin

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:20 AM

I think each banner is for a group of three or four units.

I don't understand why 36 and 86, maybe a mistake? they are very similar...

#7 Pilot17

Pilot17

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:26 PM

I dont know how they will do it but im sure there will be an easy and practical way to distinguish the red, blue, and green units from each other. I could come up with several different ideas myself so i believe it wont be a problem for the creative people who are designing this game.

#8 Mig el Pig

Mig el Pig

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:43 AM

In battlelore the heavy infantry has a diffrent sculpt then the normal ones I think (most of the time we don't really bother with them)

#9 pomakli

pomakli

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:54 PM

In Battlelore have all units (green, blue and red) incl. infantry and cavalry different sculpts, so that you can notice them at the first look.

BR

#10 Pilot17

Pilot17

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:05 PM

I think read it somewhere that it was the banners that distinguishes them from one another.

#11 Mig el Pig

Mig el Pig

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:01 AM

Pilot17 said:

I think read it somewhere that it was the banners that distinguishes them from one another.

Both(in Battlelore) but most of the times I won't bother finding the proper figure (a guy with a sword is a guy with a sword in my book, the diffrence is only noticeable on closer inspection)

#12 jogo

jogo

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 05:15 AM

I were able to play some rounds this weekend and they are indeed differntiated by standards like BL.
Difference is that the standards have two sides one white/one black. If you use an unit you turn the standard to mark that it has been used.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS