Rule clarification?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fallenram

fallenram

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:08 PM

So I ran my first Grimm's session the other night. I believe it ran quite well but would like to smooth out the system a bit. The resident rules lawyer and I disagreed on disadvantages.  He believes they effect the roll.  I say no they reduce your grade level or the total result.  Of course I cannot for my life find the reference to disadvantages in the book.  Advantages are quite clear so I figure you just reverse the direction for disadvantages?  Anyone have any ideers?

Also I was thinking of just applying all disadvantages as advantages to the opponent or difficulty. So like with stature there are only advantages.  It is just a matter of who they help, the PC or the challenge/enemy.  What do you think?

-Thanks.

Game on...

#2 GameBearOR

GameBearOR

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:50 AM

Fallenram you are correct, a disadvantage lowers the player's level for that type of test. It doesn't lower the actual Trait per se, just the tests that they make with it - unlike expending a trait which does actually lower the trait. I can't find where it says that exactly in the book, either. This is typical of Fantasy Flight rulebooks. You spend a lot of time searching for rules that really should have been organized in a clear place.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS