Photo

Where is the list of Calixis sector planets?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Smitt

Smitt

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 12:04 AM

There was a big list of all the habitable planets and the DH team asked people to submit ideas for what was going on on each world... what ever happened to that?

#2 Darth Smeg

Darth Smeg

Lord Nitpicker

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:31 AM

Mass Exterminatus, I suppose

Tarald - The Dark Lord of Smeg

My House Rules for using Only War (and more) for Dark Heresy games

#3 Peacekeeper_b

Peacekeeper_b

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:34 AM

I went ahead and made a PDF of all that information and have it posted on Unearthed Apocrypha, under Offical Apocrypha. At least until Im told to take it down.

#4 Dualgoth

Dualgoth

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:01 AM

A very good initiative!

Thanks to you Peacekeeper_b (by the way, I wondered if you was a scaper???)

#5 Peacekeeper_b

Peacekeeper_b

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:07 AM

Dualgoth said:

A very good initiative!

Thanks to you Peacekeeper_b (by the way, I wondered if you was a scaper???)

Yes indeed. The only Sci-Fi I like more then 40K is Farscape. Unfortunately the game for that was D20. Though I did make up a D6 equivalent.

#6 Tiger''s Heart

Tiger''s Heart

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 12:17 PM

Peacekeeper_b said:

I went ahead and made a PDF of all that information and have it posted on Unearthed Apocrypha, under Offical Apocrypha. At least until Im told to take it down.

It might have been nice if you had included all the information - those individuals who created planets were credited under their contributions - this information seems to have been omitted from your pdf.

Otherwise I am glad to see that everyone's hard work has been preserved. The background is important to those who wish to use the Calixis Sector for their games.

Tiger's Heart

#7 Kage2020

Kage2020

• Members
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 01:21 PM

Peacekeeper_b said:

Yes indeed. The only Sci-Fi I like more then 40K is Farscape. 

That was sci-fi? 

I loved the show myself. Very fantasy and space opera in my mind, but there we go. I loved it however one categorised it.

Kage

#8 Peacekeeper_b

Peacekeeper_b

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:01 PM

Tiger''s Heart said:

It might have been nice if you had included all the information - those individuals who created planets were credited under their contributions - this information seems to have been omitted from your pdf.

Yes you caught me in the conspiract to rob everyone of their just credit. Im sorry you think I "omitted" contributors information, but when I made this PDF it was for my personal use and i do not actively recall omitting credit. I do know I removed whatever wasnt necessary for the game info and in that purge I may have omitted credit, but not to take credit myself.

I only posted the pdf because I thought people wanted it.

If anyone here was a contributor and you think I have omitted your credit, please, email me at peacekeeper_b@yahoo.com and I will errata your name into the PDF.

Otherwise, to put it bluntly, go smoke the wrong end of a lho stick.

#9 Tiger''s Heart

Tiger''s Heart

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:51 PM

Peacekeeper_b said:

If anyone here was a contributor and you think I have omitted your credit, please, email me at peacekeeper_b@yahoo.com and I will errata your name into the PDF.

I never thought you aimed to take credit, and really appreciate that the work (the team at BI and contributors including myself and Hellebore made to the planetary background) has been saved.

If it is at all possible to include the credits without destroying the document you have created it would be a nice touch - perhaps you could add an index page with credits and thus not destroy what must have taken you a long time to create.

The planet Hilarion was created by me, and Siculi by Hellebore.  I am sure there are others that were fan-made also.

Again thankyou for saving the information and sharing it with the community.

Tiger's Heart

#10 Peacekeeper_b

Peacekeeper_b

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 10:07 PM

Its no problem, I actually have a much larger PDF with totally different formatting/style but it wouldnt upload at that size. It included some of the warp travel rules ive seen around here and what not.

I can easily enough add a new page of credits. After all even I would like to mention K'otal as something I created. Ill start a new thread.

#11 Dualgoth

Dualgoth

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 10:27 PM

Peacekeeper_b said:

Peacekeeper_b  said:

Yes indeed. The only Sci-Fi I like more then 40K is Farscape. Unfortunately the game for that was D20. Though I did make up a D6 equivalent.

Helas! D20 wasn't the appropriate choice of game system for this universe .

Hope one day FFG will have the idea to make his own version of this RPG (I know, i'm a sweet dreamer...)

#12 Peacekeeper_b

Peacekeeper_b

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:47 PM

Dualgoth said:

Peacekeeper_b said:

Helas! D20 wasn't the appropriate choice of game system for this universe .

Hope one day FFG will have the idea to make his own version of this RPG (I know, i'm a sweet dreamer...)

D6 seemed to work fine for Farscape. BRP might even work as well. But I think perhaps using True20 or M&MSuperlink is the best option, fast, furious and open.

Was thinking of doing a "Farscape" esque Dark Heresy game, probably wait for Rogue Trader now though. Course it would be vastly different. Would be a Kroot Warrior, a Dark Eldar Pirate, a Tau Ethereal, perhaps a Ratling Noble all trapped on a space hulk randomly popping in and out of the Warp.

#13 Zearoth Kilrathle

Zearoth Kilrathle

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:28 AM

You can find the list here as well, in the preserved remains of Black Industries' web-site, including contributor credits and the full descriptions:

http://web.archive.org/web/20080129184035/www.blackindustries.com/?template=CX&content=calixis-index

There might be some graphical corruption due to the way the archives bots do their thing. Ctrl-A might help you see the text if your browser acts up.

#14 Smitt

Smitt

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:48 AM

Do we know if FFG are gonna bring this back at any point? If not (or even if so!) shall we start throwing around suggestions for planets so we can yoink each others creative power? :)

#15 Damek66

Damek66

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 02:03 PM

Along the same lines as the list of planets... Does anyone know of a resource to codify all the names and locations mentioned in the game?

I'd love to find a "Dark Heresy" encyclopedia.  Perhaps something like a glorified index.  It would be great to have something that listed every named NPC (like the ruling members of the sector, or all the active Inquisitors), all the different factions and cults (like the Logicians), and all the geographical locations (named planets their cities and notible locations like Tricorn).

It wouldn't need to infringe on the written work, or give anything away.  Maybe only a brief description.  But it should list all the page numbers from the books, or websites, or freely distributed cannon PDF adventures for referance.

It would be a colosal undertaking.  That's why I wanted to see if anyone else had already put somethign like this together before I started on one myself.

thanks

#16 Alasseo

Alasseo

• Members
  • 768 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:09 PM

On a related note- has anyone done anything with Gunpoint in Hazeroth? Unless I missed an obscure sidebar somewhere I think it has only been established as a hiveworld. I have a player who would like his noble to be from there, and it'd be nice to have something to work with.

There is no right, and no wrong, but having the bigger stick makes it so...

#17 Headhanger

Headhanger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:18 PM

Smitt said:

Do we know if FFG are gonna bring this back at any point? If not (or even if so!) shall we start throwing around suggestions for planets so we can yoink each others creative power? :)

Y'know what would be a good idea? A fan-made wiki of planets, NPCs, Inquisitors, etc. in the Calixis system (and abroad). For those details that FFG have left to the players to fill in.

For example, the campaign I'm running right now takes place in the Tephaine system. Two planets are detailed in the Calixis Encyclopedia: the agri world of Siculi (Hellebore's work if I'm not mistaken), and the pleasure world of Reth. I've written up quite a lot about how the system itself works and details on the other two planets: the hive world Tephaine, and the agri world Tephaine Minor.

Having somewhere to write all this so everyone has access to it as ideas would be pretty cool. If two people had differing ideas then both could be included on the same page.

I'd start the project up myself but I don't think I have an Internet connection at home right now (just moved in) and I've not started a wiki of my own before. I know there are plenty of project sites like wikia and suchlike which do a lot of the hard work for you.

#18 Zearoth Kilrathle

Zearoth Kilrathle

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:50 AM

That would be great. That is, in case once FFG doesn't decide to follow Black Industries' plan, which would render that moot, I'll second that as someone who's also setting up adventures in the Tephaine system. Just curious Headhanger, what did you decide to make of the other two worlds? I've worked the Hive World (which I took to calling Tephaine Major to avoid confusion) as an industrial Hive-City that just came out of a war between noble houses and where the culture revolves around the motorized vehicles they produce.

Local sights involve the Mechanicus operated district in the pole, an ancient hive that was nuked a long time ago in a forgotten war that houses all sorts of undesirables and an "arena city" in the tropical deserts of the planet which serves as a playground for the local version of Spyre Hunters and their slaves in competitive games not much unlike Deathrace 2000 or Carmageddon.

#19 Dualgoth

Dualgoth

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:48 AM

Peacekeeper_b said:

Peacekeeper_b said:

D6 seemed to work fine for Farscape. BRP might even work as well. But I think perhaps using True20 or M&MSuperlink is the best option, fast, furious and open.

Was thinking of doing a "Farscape" esque Dark Heresy game, probably wait for Rogue Trader now though. Course it would be vastly different. Would be a Kroot Warrior, a Dark Eldar Pirate, a Tau Ethereal, perhaps a Ratling Noble all trapped on a space hulk randomly popping in and out of the Warp.

I don't know True20 and M&M Superlink, but I'm agree with you when you say that D6 works well with Farscape.

I'm already playing to SF rpg using D6 based system like Star Wars or Galactic Empire, and to me it suits perfectly to this kind of game universe. I purchased the Battlestar Galactica rpg from M.Weis Production 3 months ago, and the system it use is pretty interesting too. In fact I replaced the stats of several weapon from DH by those describe in the BSG core rulebook because there are more realistic.

#20 Headhanger

Headhanger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 03:16 AM

Woah. That actually sounds a million times cooler than my Tephaine. So, unashamedly hijacking the thread due to a lack of PM feature...

I thought it made sense that Tephaine Minor was Tephaine's moon (or one of it's moons) due to naming conventions. So Tephaine Minor is a moon with a large number of sealed hab domes. The low-oxygen environment (not quite devoid of breathable atmosphere, but hardly fit for human settlement, hence the domes) allows a special strain of lho leaf to be grown. So it's an agri world, but not a food agri world.

My Tephaine is almost the opposite of yours in that there are no deserts and that the planet has seen virtually no war or conflict. As such, all the conflict is civil war and conspiracies. The planet has taken poorly to Imperial settlement and is now wracked with hellish rain, sleet, and constant rainstorms. Thunder and lightning are always on the go, making the outside of the hives nigh on uninhabitable. The hives produce large energy cells charged by millions of lightning rods on the hives' outer layers. In the lower levels, ore is brought in from rocks in the system's asteroid belt and smelted into metals used for weaponry, starship components, etc.

There is Hive Edeficium, the major hive; Hive Lentus, the industrial hive; Hive Avium, the trade hive; and a small nomadic settlement called "Sediment" which follows the biggest of the planet's "god spots" which are basically gaps in the stormclouds. Sediment's god spot is the opposite of Jupiter's Red Spot in that it's a large, moving area that isn't a storm.

The big idea I had for the system itself was that, with two agri worlds, a hive world, and a pleasure world; the Tephaine system has the portential to be self-sufficient. Because a self-sufficient system can easily become a rebellious system intent on leaving the support of the Imperium; I've worked things out so that the system is purposefully innefficient. All the food has to come from outside of the system, and everything the planets make has to be exported and cannot be used on the planets themselves (Siculi is already a good example of this, and as such there are often dozens of refinery ships in the Tephaine system).

So you have a system that could work with ultra-effiency thanks to it's big ol' hive world, two supporting agri worlds, and wealth-attracting pleasure world... but it's beaurocratically crippled on purpose because someone (Governor Hax?) is paranoid about the system breaking away from the Imperium and looking after itself.

On top of all that, the system does not have a stable warp route to anywhere. So it's fairly remote. Fortunately the planets produce such valuable/desirable commodities that plenty of charter captains and the like are willing to take the risks to get there.

Still, I really like your idea of Tephaine being a vehicle-heavy world. My players have only had one session and already got involved in an impromptu motorcycle chase through one of Tephaine's manufactorum domes!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS