• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MrsGamura

MrsGamura

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:23 PM

Special Rules:

Any investigator may sacrifice two sanity for two clue tokens as man times as they want per turn. ...

Would this ability be the same as Duke's or Flesh Ward's?

For example you fail a Horror Check vs. a Dhole and instead of losing the 4 sanity you pay 2 sanity for 2 clue tokens and spend a clue token to try and pass the Horror Check or would you have to anticipate the failure of the Horror check so pay the sanity before the Horror Check?

#2 Drosselmeier

Drosselmeier

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:35 PM

I would say that you lose the four sanity. The only reason I can give is that it doesn't make sense to me that you make a pause in your recoiling in horror in order to seek forbidden knowledge that can help you cope with said horror. Can't think of anything official to regulate it though.

#3 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 01:02 AM

MrsGamura said:

For example you fail a Horror Check vs. a Dhole and instead of losing the 4 sanity you pay 2 sanity for 2 clue tokens and spend a clue token to try and pass the Horror Check or would you have to anticipate the failure of the Horror check so pay the sanity before the Horror Check?
The latter. Flesh Ward is an explicit exception to the normal rules. Normally, even spells/items/etc. that can be used anytime cannot be used in the middle of resolving effects of a combat turn.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS