Event Center 'Flight Deck' Question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Snicker

Snicker

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:23 AM

I was lucky enough to have gotten to visit the Events Center already and while I was there I got to asking about the Even Center's 'Flight Deck' Match-making system. I was told that eventually they plan on incorporating a computer/computer system there so gamers can leave their e-mail addresses as well as times during the week that they are available and what games they are looking to play. This should be a big step up from the whiteboard-system that they have now.

I was wondering if anybody from FFG or the gamer community know when this computer is planned to show up at the center. Additionally, once/if this data base is set up on a computer, could one access it from this web-site or would you have to show up in person to get onto the database of gamers?

Thanks!

--Snicker

#2 Hellfury

Hellfury

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:58 AM

No idea when, but I hope they get it done post haste.

Its kind of odd to promise something weeks before opening and then ask for a fairly high membership cost to use a white board. A message in a bottle is more efficient at finding opponents than that.

#3 FFGAnton

FFGAnton

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:17 AM

Yes, we are currently working on the Flight Deck system that is more advanced than a whiteboard.

The Flight Deck is a free service we are implementing for all visitors, not members-only. Our goal is to help all players have more opportunities to play the games they're interested in, and to have an easier time to meet new folks to play games with.

Finally, the Flight Deck will also help people try new games they have never played.

Hope to see you at the EC!

#4 FFGAnton

FFGAnton

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 04:58 AM

You might consider signing up for the FFGEC Twitter feed, to make sure that you get the announcement the moment it's complete!  www.twitter.com/ffgec

#5 Suijin

Suijin

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:43 PM

So any progress on this yet?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS