Sorcerer Special ability

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 KAGE13

KAGE13

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:08 AM

Does the sorcerer's special ability stack?

One of my Hero's had to duel a sorcerer, and the first 3 cards activated the sorcerers' ability.

the way its worded I would say no, but in the rule book it says they do stack.

most of the other special abilities are mostly damage.  so its easy.

So with 3 special abilities, would that give the sorcerer 4 health or stay at 2?

#2 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:37 AM

Either a Sorcerer has 1 health or 2 health.  Drawing one (or more) orbs just gives it 2 health.  That means regardless of the number of orbs, all it takes is 2 hits to kill it. 

IE - It doesn't really "stack", because it's not ADDING to the health (IE, it doesn't say +1 health), but changing the health to a specific number.

#3 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:47 AM

I had the same situation in my game last night.  3 sorcerers drew 3 orbs.  I assumed that would not give them 6 health each since it said "2 health" and not "+2 health."  Basically, each sorcerer did the same thing, but since each is an absolute, the end result it the same as if only 1 had done it.

#4 mateooo

mateooo

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:42 AM

same for fleshrippers

#5 KevinBakon

KevinBakon

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:06 AM

Okay, that makes sense, but what happens in a hero's duel?  I want to make sure I have this right:

1. sorcerer draws special, now has 2 health points

2. hero draws 1 damage for sorcerer

3. sorcerer draws special...

When the damaged sorcerer draws a special, his damage is not wiped away, right?  He stays at 2 health, and his damage remains applied.  I think I have it correct, but I'm sort of bummed about it because I want those duels to be tougher.  

#6 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:23 AM

That is correct;  Health is the amount of hits a unit/hero can sustain total, not necessarily the amount is has left.  So in your example, the Sorcerer getting another special just keeps its health at 2, and does not affect any damage already done to it.

Sorcerers actually suck at dueling, since they only hit with 2 or 3 cards; they are better as allied neutrals since they can be used to soak up damage.

#7 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:56 AM

So the Sorcerer's special ability only gives him 2hp but does not remove any hits?

So you better hope to get his special ASAP?!?

#8 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:45 PM

SolennelBern said:

So the Sorcerer's special ability only gives him 2hp but does not remove any hits?

So you better hope to get his special ASAP?!?

Correct.  That's why the Sorcerer is an initiative 1 unit.  Since Orbs are always resolved first in a round, if a Sorcerer pulls an orb, the only way he will NOT take 2 HP is if he is on the defending side, and the attacker also pulls an orb which would cause him to take damage first.

If you are using Sorcerers in your own army, having them go first to soak up damage is usually a good idea.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS