Photo

Game Event Center - Grand Opening (With Photos)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tarnis Phoenix

Tarnis Phoenix

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 07:43 PM

www.flickr.com/photos/42809346@N08/sets/72157623352955267/

This is the photos I've taken over the event spanning from 5pm (when I arrived) to 1am (when they kicked me out)

My overall reaction to the place is that it is quite amazing.

• The space is quite clean and not cluttered at all.
  • The private rooms are very spacious and quite silent when the doors are closed
  • There are plenty of restrooms in the store for its size
  • The Terrain for miniatures are quite good compared to other stores in the area

I got to play many games over the course of the night.

I've never really played any of their board games though I've really wanted to try, I got to experience that today.

• Arkham Horror
  • Descent: Journey into Darkness
  • Ingenious

I convinced my friend Lance to attend the opening and he was reluctant at first, until he ended up winning a copy of Rune Wars during the Golden Ticket drawing.

I suggest you look at the photos above for a look a the new Black Box, and Horus Heresy games.

#2 Warbringer25

Warbringer25

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:16 AM

Wow... those are some sweet photos.  I'm glad FFG is starting to put its own mark on the Battlelore game as its a good system which deserves some love.  And as a huge Westeros fan, I can't think of a better combination. 

Judd

#3 David Spangler

David Spangler

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:52 AM

Good pictures.  Thanks a lot.  I wish I could have been there.

#4 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:14 AM

Thanks for the pics! Being across the water kind of stops a visit on a whim, so it's nice to see what's been happening.

Hopefully FFG will put out one of their slick videos too!

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#5 Tarnis Phoenix

Tarnis Phoenix

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 03:21 PM

I saw at least 2 vid cameras. 1 FFG for sure...

#6 K-2

K-2

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 03:47 PM

Looks like a great deal for folks that live in the area.  Might be fun to visit if traveling in the area.  

#7 runehardt

runehardt

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:38 PM

Oh, I wish I could have been there. I would have loved to win Runewars!!! I wish there was someplace like this in California.

I'm so jealous!

#8 Hellfury

Hellfury

• Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 09:01 AM

Tarnis Phoenix said:

• The Terrain for miniatures are quite good compared to other stores in the area

I agree with everything except this. To be honest, FFG's terrain tables are nice, but in comparison to other games shops who specialize in miniature wargaming as their main bread and butter, they are just ok.

Tower Games, blows the socks off this easily. Not to mention they have two dozen of them.

#9 Drewid

Drewid

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 06:21 AM

Hellfury said:

Tarnis Phoenix said:

I agree with everything except this. To be honest, FFG's terrain tables are nice, but in comparison to other games shops who specialize in miniature wargaming as their main bread and butter, they are just ok.

Tower Games, blows the socks off this easily. Not to mention they have two dozen of them.

Sure but based on the pictures you wont have to play next to an overflowing trash can, nor under the unwelcoming gaze of  regulars.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS