towers,forts and cities

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Maedhros

Maedhros

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:59 AM

Is it possible to have both a tower and a fort in the same province(i think yes)?  If yes, then it is possible to have a tower an a city in the same province, right?

If so, how do you count the "Each players receives an amount of gold equal to the combined ratings of all provinces where he has towers or cities" during the FINAL SCORING?   (ex: Tower and citie in ZAMORA(4)= 4 gold or 8 gold)?

Thanks for the insight.

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:10 AM

"- A player places a fort on a province he has conquered
through a military contest.
- A player places a tower on a province he has allied with
through an intrigue contest." (p. 6)

You can't intrigue or military contest a friendly province, so can't have these two in the same province. You can upgrade a fort to a city, so can't have tower + city in the same province I think.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 Maedhros

Maedhros

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:54 AM

ok, thank you, sir. I was not sure about this one.

#4 Tsugo

Tsugo

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 06:22 AM

Dam said:

You can upgrade a fort to a city, so can't have tower + city in the same province I think.

That's correct.  You can only ever have a single type of control marker in a region.

Also, the only time you can create a city is during the age change.  Only a fort can be upgraded to a city.

#5 YoshiPL

YoshiPL

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:38 PM

Indeed you cannot control a province both in military and intrigue way. That is a nasty thing you need to consider and choose the method of expanding. When you conquer a province with the intrigue action, you cannot then conquer it by force!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS