Clarity on X/X Scoring

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chiron

Chiron

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:45 PM

While the X/Y scoring is very clear (saying 2 to 6 points helped) I wanted to verify the scoring on the X/X resource.

If I had ten water resources and four food resources and wanted to maximize my points would I get:

14 total off all

10 only get all of one type

7 total of all 'pairs'

5 total of one ype of resource 'pair'

We play 10 in the above but wanted to verify from one of the designers or other folks.

Thanks!

#2 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:19 AM

Chiron said:

If I had ten water resources and four food resources and wanted to maximize my points would I get:

We play 10 in the above but wanted to verify from one of the designers or other folks.

You are correct.  You can only discard resources of one type with X/X.  So 10 is the most points you could score in the scenario you describe, 2 is the minimum (since you must discard at least 2 like cards.)

Your opponents are not required to discard the same resource as you, but each player must only discard one type of resource.  This is contrasted by X/Y where you may only discard one card of any type, but may discard as many types as possible to maximize scoring.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS