Talisman: The Highland expansion

• Please log in to reply
450 replies to this topic

#1 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:41 AM

Fantasy Flight Games is pleased to announce the upcoming release of The Highland, the latest expansion for Talisman Revised 4th Edition!

Talisman: The Highland adds a new Region to the game for heroes to explore. A custom-fitted map board and over 100 new cards bring this mountainous realm vividly to life, while six brand-new characters, each represented with a superbly detailed plastic miniature, offer fantastic new playing experiences. Climb as high as you dare, and lay claim to the unimaginable wealth that awaits atop the tallest peak in the world of Talisman! 

The Highland expansion includes the following components.

1 Rulebook, 1 Highland Board, 142 Highland Cards, 10 Spell Cards, 12 Adventure Cards,

4 Relic Cards, 3 Alternative Ending Cards, 6 character cards, 6 Plastic Character Figures.

#2 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

• Members
  • 820 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:01 AM

The description on the announcement page for this sounds AMAZING! I can't wait!

#3 araszewskis

araszewskis

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:20 AM

Great news!

On the box I can see a lot of female characters so we can suspect the return of girl-power in the next expansion

Also the Harpy is the second Monster with craft (after a demon that teleported us to the Plain of Peril)!

#4 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,285 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:29 AM

araszewskis said:

Also the Harpy is the second Monster with craft (after a demon that teleported us to the Plain of Peril)!

Black Elf from Dungeon was Craft 3 Enemy-Monster. And wasn't Cerberus a Monster as well?

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#5 araszewskis

araszewskis

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:36 AM

Dam said:

araszewskis said:

Black Elf from Dungeon was Craft 3 Enemy-Monster. And wasn't Cerberus a Monster as well?

I did remind myself the Cerberus just after I posted it though I completely forgot about Dark Elf. You're right! It's fourth Monster with Craft then.

#6 Frog

Frog

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:40 AM

You can see the board and 2 of the minis in the advertisement on the front-page of BGG(right-side of screen for me).  Looks like the board is the same size as the Dungeon...in other words HUGE!!!

#7 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,285 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:48 AM

Guessing the board will have another LoD-like path available to the Crown of Command.

Looking at the character art, Valkyrie? Spock ? Little flyer is Fairy?

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#8 Bludgeon

Bludgeon

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:12 AM

Frog said:

You can see the board and 2 of the minis in the advertisement on the front-page of BGG(right-side of screen for me).  Looks like the board is the same size as the Dungeon...in other words HUGE!!!

I can't see it. Can you copy-paste it here?

#9 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:14 AM

That little green character looks like a fairy, or maybe a pixy

The Guy on the left looks like a elf.. ( but he has a wand..?

Maybe that the character in de middle is a Valkyrie? I really hope so...

#10 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

• Members
  • 820 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:43 AM

FFG, please include real copies of 'Danse Macabre' and 'Crown of Command' alternate endings in this, as well as some new alternate ending cards!

Kthx!

#11 meggypeggs

meggypeggs

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:09 AM

Can I see a skeleton there...?

Lack of female characters in Talisman so the more the better...

#12 meggypeggs

meggypeggs

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:10 AM

oops, sorry...its not...nice to see a farie too...

#13 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:27 AM

I hope that the Highland expansion box has a inlay for many adventure cards...

But i am afraid that it will be the same as the inlay from the dungeon expansion..

#14 metelik

metelik

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:48 AM

Quick Question: When ? :)

#15 alvadra

alvadra

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:05 PM

Hi

I am new here

Well, well well I think this is something everybody were waiting fot. I hope this new box will be distributed soon worldwide.

I wish to see the printed alternate endings, also. And I hope the new charachters won't be too overpowered!!!

#16 Nemomon

Nemomon

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:18 PM

Did anyone noticed, that this expansion will be (again) featuring gems from 3rd Edition?

Enter the Talisman Island!

#17 Gwanum

Gwanum

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:23 PM

metelik said:

Quick Question: When ? :)

The add on BGG says Spring.

#18 Canadianized

Canadianized

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 01:13 PM

Probably right on the "Other path to CoC" bit, but I'm ok with that.  I do wonder if it'll be another place to power level your characters, like Dungeon?

Also...  6 characters this time.  Is that to make up for the 4 that came with Frostmarch?  Keep the avg. characters per expansion at 5?

#19 TeufelHund

TeufelHund

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 01:24 PM

Given the name of the expansion, and looking at the figures on the ad on BGG, I think it's safe to assume that at least one of the new characters will be the Highlander!

#20 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

• Members
  • 820 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 04:25 PM

TeufelHund said:

Given the name of the expansion, and looking at the figures on the ad on BGG, I think it's safe to assume that at least one of the new characters will be the Highlander!

No, if that were the case he'd be the only character in this set. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Sorry, bad joke. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS